Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can find the part number for cat-back system. Can also find the muffler dimensions (5x8x14").

What I can't find is the number for the muffler can itself (associated with the cat-back system)!

Anyone......

P

·
0 Posts
ManaFlow CatBack System for Mazda6 2.3 I4 2003-2006: #15803

I can find the part number for cat-back system. Can also find the muffler dimensions (5x8x14").

What I can't find is the number for the muffler can itself (associated with the cat-back system)!

Anyone......
[/b]

·
Registered
77 Posts

Anyone......
[/b]
I bought just the muffler cans by what size magnaflow gave, which sounds like the size you states. I went to magnaflows website and looked at the pictures and sizes and bought that one. I have posted the part# a few times in the past but I can't remember it now. Check the search feature and for my user name in a post if tha helps. If I get time I will look in the magnaflow site for the ones I bought, but then again so can you.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here is the one I used and it looks great!!! http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd...main&id=767
I didn't pay anything close to that price though. They stick out past the bumper a little bit but not to much, just like the catback. This is the one that the magnaflow rep told me came w/ the catback kit.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
yep, i JUST got done looking this up myself last night (ask blackmagic :p )

14829 is the closest your going to get.

My old 6 i had the 14827's but they were the same thing just single walled tips, get the 29's with the double wall tips, im fixing to order them as well. $121 a peice is the best I can find anywhere.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As far as the the resonator is concerned, could a mid-size glasspak take the place of the resonator. They are pass-through so you wouldn't have the restriction. Or, would it cause the sound to become too loud?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
cadn24
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing