Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PerformancePeddler.com is advertising on some of the Mustang forums that they are offering a deep discount to forum members for Magnaflow exhausts. Sure enough. I bought one for my Cougar for $440 when they normally sell for $692. (3" duals, stainless, with X pipe).

So...I checked out MS6 and it comes up $389.61. How does that compare?

You can't see the price unless you tunnel over to it from either FordMuscle.com or enter 'forum2e' as your discount.

Let me know if y'all think this is a good price!

Here's a snip:
MAZDA 6
Model Yrs Part Number Price Add to Cart Manufacturer Category Description
2003-06 MAG15803

Click here for more Details Retail:$674.79
Your Cost: $392.25 Magnaflow Mazda Exhaust System 2003-2006 Mazda 6i Cat-Back Exhaust System 2.3L I-4, 6l, Sedan,
DUAL REAR EXIT, 5x8x14" p-SS muffler,
4x4x14" p-SS resonator, 2.25" SS tubing,
4" rolled/slash/p-SS tips
Click here for more Details

2006 MAG16609

Click here for more Details Retail:$672.57
Your Cost: $389.61 Magnaflow Mazda Exhaust System 2006 MazdaSpeed 6 Cat-Back Exhaust System
New! Now Available.
Mazdaspeed 6 2.3L Turbocharged I-4, Sedan,
DUAL REAR EXIT
Click here for more Details

·
Registered
366 Posts
CVR is running a special, I suggest you check it out (great customer service)... Not sure if we can advertise prices, especially when they are that low.

I just ordered mine this am... the price they offer + $40 for shipping to PA (comming from Cali).

Did your price include shipping?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just ordered mine this am... the price they offer + $40 for shipping to PA (comming from Cali).
Did your price include shipping?
[/b]
Yes. How is the price? I have no other points of reference to know if it's as good as the price I saw for my other car. Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was thinking about this also, for the price it's not bad, not much performance gains though. Your paying for the sound from the mufflers. I'm waiting to see what other products come out.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you have to go to the site for the price... add to you cart and price will appear.
http://cvrmotorsports.com/model.php?mod_id...6ff1e77a3a0d6ae
Again, I dont think we can say the price. On antoher thread the moderator modified the post...

Not to say this is WAY cheaper, just good to support the sponsors.

EDIT:
Just checked.. performance peddler has free shipping!!! That is an awesome deal.
[/b]
Ok. Very competitive! I'll let the others dig into the link to see.

And ALAN -- thanks! I was thinking it was 3" but it's just a 2.5" :-(

·
Registered
55 Posts
Has Magnaflow corrected their design problem so that the system fits properly and doesn't melt the rear bumper? If they can't get the design right, I'll wait for something else.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Has Magnaflow corrected their design problem so that the system fits properly and doesn't melt the rear bumper? If they can't get the design right, I'll wait for something else.
[/b]
I don't believe Magnaflow has changed their design. I have had mine on since May 06. I had a very slight melt of the bumper at the top of the opening where it created a slight film of plastic other than that I have not seen any more melting. (knocking on wood) I did position the tips just inside the bumper and due to heat expansion they can extent a tiny bit just past the bumper. I have seen pics of Creaturecore's (I think) melted bumper and it looked bad!!! You can look at my garage or cardomain site for pics. I do love the sound. Nice and deep but not loud (at least by my standards, my wife thinks a little different) I think I read that some think the CPE catback is loud or louder. :laugh:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't believe Magnaflow has changed their design. I have had mine on since May 06. I had a very slight melt of the bumper at the top of the opening where it created a slight film of plastic other than that I have not seen any more melting. (knocking on wood) I did position the tips just inside the bumper and due to heat expansion they can extent a tiny bit just past the bumper. I have seen pics of Creaturecore's (I think) melted bumper and it looked bad!!! You can look at my garage or cardomain site for pics. I do love the sound. Nice and deep but not loud (at least by my standards, my wife thinks a little different) I think I read that some think the CPE catback is loud or louder. :laugh:
[/b]
Yea my melting was bad. Had to cut off the tips it came with and extend the exhaust out into the old stock fake tips. But havent had problems since.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yea my melting was bad. Had to cut off the tips it came with and extend the exhaust out into the old stock fake tips. But havent had problems since.
[/b]

Is there anyway to leave the original fake pieces in place and put the Magnaflow tips inside them to protect the plastic. Haven't seen the Magnaflow system up close and was just wondering.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Is there anyway to leave the original fake pieces in place and put the Magnaflow tips inside them to protect the plastic. Haven't seen the Magnaflow system up close and was just wondering.

Regards,

Rocket 6 :drive:
[/b]
Unfortunately, no

You would have to cut off the tips as CreatureCore stated.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The fake tips are actually insulators for the plastic bumper. They create an air gap between the stock exhaust and plastic bumper to dissipate heat. Without them, the bumper has a higher probability of melting for sure. I would get a set of Magnaflows if they would reduce their tip diameter slightly so that they would fit into the stock "fake tip". The pipes cost too much not to be right. Plus, I don't consider the melted bumper to be a desirable "feature".

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Bummer about the melting issues with the bumper. I'd love to just cut those tips off and keep the shiny fake tip part. Im sick of always cleaning them!
[/b]
Like I said, I have not experienced the same melting as CreatureCore. I had a little melt at the top and that was it. Not bad at all. But there should not be any melting from any exhaust manufacturer. Oh well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts