Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was just curious what kind of a timeframe I'm looking for two guys (one with very good technical experience and one with fairly good experience) to complete the install on the Magnaflow exhaust + kartboy hangers on the V6? I was curious because if it's not that long, my buddy and I might do it on Thursday night before he goes to work at night. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Lots of other posts have times on them.

To save you some time, it took me 25 minutes to get the old off and the new on w/ kartboys. It then took about an hour to line up the tips to get them straight (lots of tweaking).

I did this on lift so it might be slightly different on jack stands.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lots of other posts have times on them.
[/b]

Do they? I should have searched first, my bad. I'll do a little searching through some posts and see what I can come up with. Thank you for your information.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey guys,

I was just curious what kind of a timeframe I'm looking for two guys (one with very good technical experience and one with fairly good experience) to complete the install on the Magnaflow exhaust + kartboy hangers on the V6? I was curious because if it's not that long, my buddy and I might do it on Thursday night before he goes to work at night. Thanks for the info.
[/b]
Took me about 1 1/2 hours with someone to help me line up the tips

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Are there any tips or advice for how to tweak the exhaust to get the appearance you want, or do you just slide the hangers on the exhaust hangers and the car hangers until it ends up where you want it? If so, how does it stay there?

I'm planning on installing mine this weekend, and while I've done smaller components (the actual assembly doesn't faze me at all) I have never installed a whole catback where the positioning really mattered.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for your answers. The install went nicely, about 1.5 hrs since we took our time and took snack breaks. :)

My buddy wanted to give this little tip to anyone who does the install in the future. If you buy the Kartboy hangers and are having a hell of a time getting them on in place of the stockers, just lube the holes with a little antisieze and they slide right on!

As for the sound, it's perfect for my tastes! It's not super loud, but at idle it's got a very nice purr. At higher RPM's it gets a bit louder, but it's droning at all. It's been turning heads since it's been on and all the car lovers at my work say that it's got the perfect sound to it. Great mod!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts