Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright as you see the goal I'm goin for is to raise money to get a magnaflow exhaust. I have researched about it and I am definitly doing this. I know it may seem like a dumb question what I'm asking here. When I looked at the instructions for installing it leftyrev put Kartboy hangers in it. Do you guys recommend this? Is this really necessary? i know its only $35 with shipping but is it worth it? Anyone have magnaflow without it?

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Alright as you see the goal I'm goin for is to raise money to get a magnaflow exhaust. I have researched about it and I am definitly doing this. I know it may seem like a dumb question what I'm asking here. When I looked at the instructions for installing it leftyrev put Kartboy hangers in it. Do you guys recommend this? Is this really necessary? i know its only $35 with shipping but is it worth it? Anyone have magnaflow without it?
[/b]
this has been discussed a lot...get the hangers or your exhaust will bounce around and bang against the tow hooks

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You can run without the upgraded exhaust hangers. You'll have to have the tow hook cut off (passenger side) to prevent it from banging. The exhaust will sway back and forth as previously mentioned.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got the Magnaflow exhaust and installed it. The drivers side was always fine, but the passenger side banged really bad. I went ahead and got the kartboy kit. It worked great for a while then the passenger side started knocking again in the middle of the summer. If I readjusted it it lasted a few days before knocking again. In the winter it was fine, but I think the 100 degree heat must be just enough to loosen it. What I did to fix this was I added a second rubber hanger to the back of the passenger side. It's worked great since. You may want to just keep one of the stock ones and wedge it on to keep the exhaust from moving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Or, you could put a rubber bushing in the hole in the hanger. That bushing actually supports my exhaust and prevents it from banging.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
or you can get an injen exhaust instead lol the hangars are recommended anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
Daishi
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing