Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the sound of the magnaflow has been beat to death and after reading old posts for over an hour, who can tell me how big of a difference it is to remove the resonator from the magnaflow 6s exhaust? I'm about to get mine installed next week and i'm thinking i want them to take the resonator out because i hear it's deeper and louder....please confirm...

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Made a video of it a Loooooooong time ago, where ya been man ;)

Check this thread, the link's at the bottom of the compilation of links:

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=49631

And leave some feedback in the thread ;) If for some reason the link doesn't work, get ahold of me and I'll pull the correct link off of the server for you.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i've hear all the clips of them...but i haven't heard anyone compare the two...you know, before and after removing the resonator

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Damn... I had a video linked to a MF with the resonator so you could compare them but, the link is dead. SOMEONE didn't keep it on their server :sarc:

Lucky for you, I've got it saved to my computer. I'll upload it to the server via Ftp, pull the link, and post it here as soon as it's done, which should be just a few mins.

The things I do for you man ;)

*edit*

Damn I'm fast! Customer service at it's best!

http://www.clubatenza.com/upload/Blackmagi...0with%20Res.wmv

And yes, this was the video that I put my little brother in the trunk and told him to hold my camcorder :p So long ago.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks b

reckless abandonment...i love it

is it just me or are they deeper with the resonator, but a little louder without?

what do you think, leave it on or off?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Damn... I had a video linked to a MF with the resonator so you could compare them but, the link is dead. SOMEONE didn't keep it on their server :sarc:

Lucky for you, I've got it saved to my computer. I'll upload it to the server via Ftp, pull the link, and post it here as soon as it's done, which should be just a few mins.

The things I do for you man ;)
*edit*

Damn I'm fast! Customer service at it's best!

http://www.clubatenza.com/upload/Blackmagi...0with%20Res.wmv
And yes, this was the video that I put my little brother in the trunk and told him to hold my camcorder :p So long ago.
[/b]

Is it me or did you tie some kid to the bumber of your 6 to take that video?

:)

I love it..."you better tell me when there are bumps." hehe

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump to get an answer

anyone? leave it on or take it off (resonator that is)

·
Registered
867 Posts
im actually interested also because magnaflow exhaust is what i'm savin up for so with the resonator or without is a good question.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Just spend the extra money and get the injen exhaust. Its made so much better and sounds better too.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I'll agree with Daishi. The Injen exhaust is the damn best one out there, sound wise, and it looks damn nice w/ the canister style mufflers under the car. AND ... and... and tips line up perfectly, unlike many common complaints w/ the MF's.

IMO, taking out the resonator makes it a slight bit louder and it makes it deeper as well. At least that was my experience when I got mine done. Others responded the same as well when I had like a dozen made for other members.

It's all personal preference but, if I had it to do again... I wouldn't waste ANY of my time and just buy the Injen SES exhaust system. The thing's perfect.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i would have too, but i got the magnaflow brand new for 280 shipped, hard to pass that up

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
which is why i brought up this discussion ;)

if i was to choose i would have gotten the injen or the RB's

sounds like i'm getting the resonator taken out when i get it installed this week, thanks for all of your help

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
i got my mags for 395 from rpm shipped brand new. back when i had them. I got rid of em the quality kinda sucked.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You guys hear the MS exhaust at all?? It's damn near 700 bucks shipped up here where I live, I was actually thinking about just putting another 100 down on injen....but its always cool when you got a MS CAI and MS SPRINGS....MS exhaust would be nice....any comments?

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
I don't think I've heard the MS exhaust yet, got some clips or know where some are?

And by you saying, "... putting another 100 down on injen," do you mean you'd be paying $800 to get it shipped to you? That's insanity man, if you're SERIOUSLY interested in the injen, you can probably get it cheaper than that through a forum sponsor.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
8 Participants
JDMAtenza21
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing