Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is this setup for the 6i with the 2.3L?

The 6 was hit in the rear, the shop cant find a stock exhaust for it so they are ordering a magnaflow setup. Im wondering how loud it will be and how it will look?

Any comments apreciated.thanks

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I have had it on my 6i for about a month and 1000 or so miles.

It's a good deal louder than the standard setup, so ppl will definitely hear you coming. It takes away a tiny bit of low-end power, but adds power above about 5000rpm for highway passing, a little noticeable in both instances. The pipes in the back are larger in diameter of course, but they don't stick out of the back of the bumper like the stock ones do.

Overall, I'm pleased with the system. You might have them order the MazdaSpeed exhaust instead, it would be closer to factory than the Magna will, and you will also get a warranty with it too from the manufacturer. You may with the Magna, but I'm not sure of their warranty.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had it on my 6i for about a month and 1000 or so miles.

It's a good deal louder than the standard setup, so ppl will definitely hear you coming. It takes away a tiny bit of low-end power, but adds power above about 5000rpm for highway passing, a little noticeable in both instances. The pipes in the back are larger in diameter of course, but they don't stick out of the back of the bumper like the stock ones do.

Overall, I'm pleased with the system. You might have them order the MazdaSpeed exhaust instead, it would be closer to factory than the Magna will, and you will also get a warranty with it too from the manufacturer. You may with the Magna, but I'm not sure of their warranty.
[/b]
Thanks for the info...

Can you post up some photos of the rear of your car?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You can hear and see them with the video link in my sig.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I sold him the exhaust here are pics of it on my car...[/b]
Thanks Patrick!

My car's in the shop right now for an oil change. I left it there on Thursday...

I think they're driving it around personally and enjoying my mods. I'm driving a 6s wagon right now.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Haha I had to yell at some people one time because they kept gunning my car in the service driveway....
Did you get the kartboys put on or are you gonna sell em?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Congrats!
I'm thinkin about getting one soon for my v6 but not sure if I should get the ones with single muffler and that kinda setup. Cuz my cousin has one on his MS6 and he got the same setup... cuz of the back pressure and what not... But it might only be for MS6 since it's a turbo... well that's just what I'm guessing...?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I sold my MF for the Injen. It sounds very nice and deep/throaty - more so than the MF (in my opinion). Paid $680 shipped from Nopi

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Haha I had to yell at some people one time because they kept gunning my car in the service driveway....
Did you get the kartboys put on or are you gonna sell em?
[/b]
The Kartboys are still in the same package you sent them to me in. I guess I should sell them, I kinda forgot about them until just now...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I definitly wouldent go with a single muffler setup... I dont see that looking right at all with the rear bumper. Even if you somehow removed that second molding, I like the dual tip look.

Another note- I love the magna flow tips.. everyone is complementing them thus far.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Single muffler.. NO! I personally think the rear bumper looks stupid because there are 2 cuts in it and with one pipe it looks empty.

With the Magnaflow on the V6, I don't think it sounds as aggressive. I heard a V6 Magna this weekend and it didn't sound nearly as aggressive as my 2.3i does with the Magna on it. To give you an idea, my exhaust sets off my neighbor's car alarm (which is very sensitive) every morning when I start my car...

·
Registered
141 Posts
i was gonna get the Magna....until i saw theseN1 muffler and i want sum opinions....get the entire system(magnaflo) or just go with the N1's???anyone with experience with these mufflers????

·
Registered
867 Posts
i was gonna get the Magna....until i saw theseN1 muffler and i want sum opinions....get the entire system(magnaflo) or just go with the N1's???anyone with experience with these mufflers????[/b]
those look like mufflers that people put on those civics that sound like trash. Wouldn't be a 10-15 hp gain.

With the Magnaflow on the V6, I don't think it sounds as aggressive. I heard a V6 Magna this weekend and it didn't sound nearly as aggressive as my 2.3i does with the Magna on it. To give you an idea, my exhaust sets off my neighbor's car alarm (which is very sensitive) every morning when I start my car...[/b]
NOOO!!!! No offense or anything but I hope your wrong I thought it would sound nicer on the V6 than I4. Damn I hope it sounds nice though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts