Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've gotten a lot of great help from you guys so far, and I'm now wondering if we could have a tutorial on how to best tune our cars using the tunable MAFci for different scenarios. Of course the actual tuning will vary on different cars and different driver preferences, but for those of us who aren't mechanics, it would be great to have a starting point and a little more knowledge on how to get the most out of our tunable MAFci's.

What approach should we take if we are going for the most power? What about the best fuel economy for regular daily winter driving? With winter coming, I probably won't have too many days over the next 6 months where I can drive aggressively so it would be awesome if I could tune down the engine to save a little at the pump. But come spring, I'll want to push as much fun out of the car as I can. Any tips you could provide on tuning would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
538 Posts
Air/Fuel ratios

From what I've seen on line, around 12.5 to 1 air/fuel ratio is best for power. At 16 to 1 you may have issues with the catalytic converter. My 2006 V6 is stock computer. it is 14.8 to 1 for driving and goes to less than 12 to 1 over 4,000 rpm for power. See bottom of sheet. My intake has no tuning for the computer.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts