Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just ordered a MAFCI system with MAF customizer. I'm kinda worried about the tuning. I'm new to all the tuning stuff. Don't get me wrong I do know about cars and how to work on them. I'm not sure on all the settings.

Has anyone used one? If so how hard are they to tune? I know they came with a base MAP how close is the base MAP to what you need? I also know that you can save 2 MAPS with a switch and a LED( to let you know what MAP you are using)

My car only has Exhaust at this point but more to come soon.

Any help please?

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i'd say if you aren't too comfy with it be careful for 1. and then just make sure you save your changes often, i use dates and changes in the title. like "throttle5-14" if i were to adjust the TPS points or something...you can always revert back to a previous if needed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I have been reading alot about it. They don't give you the numbers on the base MAP. All they tell you is about the tuning you that you can do .

This is what I have found on the net.

Tuning and General Operation:

When tuning, one typically wants to adjust the MAF Customizer so that the engine will remain in closed-loop operation (at 14.7 to 1 Air Fuel Ratio), under steady throttle position, from idle up and through mid-throttle operation.
This highly desireable 'closed-loop' operation gives good gas mileage, good throttle response, lowest emissions, and good drivability. The factory ECU will do its best through the use of the cars oxygen sensors to "trim" its internal settings to attain the 14.7:1 in low to mid-range engine outputs, but the factory ECU has a limited range of trimming. So it won't be able to make up for changes like larger guel injectors, or bigger MAF sensors by itself.

That's where the MAF Customizer takes the scene! Using the tunable software, one can tune-in the modifications to attain the 14.7:1 ratio, and keep the factory ECU happy. *Interesting fact: Under high engine output (typically above 3/4'ths throttle), the factory computer 'gives up' on trying to trim the outputs, and uses its internal factory programmed tables to control injector pulse width, based LARGELY on MAF voltage!* Since the MAF Customizer allows you control over the MAF voltage, you'll have alot of flexibility in tuning your engine under high throttle conditions !!

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
That is the tunable version. Recommended if you want to fine tune your car, along with bolt ons, like headers/exhaust.

Not TOO useful, since there isn't much for our cars, but it helps if you know what you're doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
PRacing
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing