Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that most people who buy the standalone MAF customizer from CP-E do so to eliminate CEL's from aftermarket CAI's.

I was wondering if anybody has experimented with the MAF tuner after gutting the airbox? Obviously the stock fuel map isn't too terribly stressed by the extra airflow, but I figure that there might be room for some more gains there using a custom map.

Anybody fiddled around with this?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Im sure it would be a waste of money to buy that and tune for just the air box mod. Youll get like no HP out of it. Buy some headers and a cp-e mafci and then tune and youll see some noticable gains!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Obviously the stock fuel map isn't too terribly stressed by the extra airflow, but I figure that there might be room for some more gains there using a custom map.

Anybody fiddled around with this?
[/b]

I think you definitely would realize some power gains from a tune. Our stock a/f ratio is NOT tuned for performance. You could buy the tunable CP-E Customizer, the Apexi SAFC II, or the Greddy Emanage and get it dyno'ed and professionally tuned, and you'd definitely get power gains. Cetainly you'd get more by doing some other bolt-on mods, but that could come later if you choose.

·
Registered
270 Posts
do any of those a/f controllers clip in as opposed to having to splice wires? I'd like to be able to return to stock if I have to take the car in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
FormulaLT1
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing