Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a question.. just curious.. why exactly is it that the CPE MAF customizer works for the Injen.. but not the AEM.. what is the difference between the Injen and the AEM?

I dont have a CEL with my AEM.. but am just curious as to why this would be... I'm sure someone knows.. but I havent found anything out there as to why this is.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I had a question.. just curious.. why exactly is it that the CPE MAF customizer works for the Injen.. but not the AEM.. what is the difference between the Injen and the AEM?

I dont have a CEL with my AEM.. but am just curious as to why this would be... I'm sure someone knows.. but I havent found anything out there as to why this is.
[/b]
I bet the pipes are very similar, depending on how close the designs are I bet the customizer would work with the aem. It all depends on the placement of the maf knows, who knows how skewed the locations are between the two.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I know it has been used on the AEM before, I don't know what the number differences are though. The pipes are different, and I'm sure the filters are different too.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, from what I've seen they are pretty much exactly alike, except for the fact that the Injen doesnt use the stock rubber tube to the TB.

I mean if it would get me good gains I would do it.. but it seems the general concensus is that its for CPE and Injen only.. I just dont have the balls to test it. :)

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
AEM pipe is smaller then the INJEN. Also the MAF is in a diffrent location. It would work, but its not tuned to work w/ the AEM so I doubt it would be very effective.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AEM pipe is smaller then the INJEN. Also the MAF is in a diffrent location. It would work, but its not tuned to work w/ the AEM so I doubt it would be very effective.
[/b]
In other words, not worth the money..

yeah, the MAF on the AEM is down in the wheel well.. and the filter goes deeper into the wheel well too.
I know everyone is big on the CPE intake.. but I am very happy with my lil ol AEM :)

Ignorance is bliss.. haha

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
if you were getting a cel, it would fix it, but it will not provide the gains that it does with the injen due to the decreased amount of air that the AEM flows.

If you are getting it to remove the CEL, it is worth it, if you are getting it for power it is not

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you were getting a cel, it would fix it, but it will not provide the gains that it does with the injen due to the decreased amount of air that the AEM flows.

If you are getting it to remove the CEL, it is worth it, if you are getting it for power it is not
[/b]
If I ever get a CEL I'll keep it in mind.. Its a pretty expensive way to get rid of a CEL though isnt it?

The HP gains on the Injen (without CPE) arent that much greater than AEM or are they? I do wonder if it would at least give a few HP.. but then again I guess you'd have to do some comparison.. it would be nice to get a dyno or something with the AEM.. just to see.

I'm sure I will EVENTUALLY get the CPE intake... but not anytime soon.. there are things I need more.. like brakes, tires, wheels... thats all coming up next.. as soon as I win the lottery.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I would find it hard to beleive if you didn't notice any sort of gain from adding the Maf customizer, but I wouldnt expect the same numbers as the Injen though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
5 Participants
CLTatenza
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing