Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always see cars with them and i know they dont sell one for a speed 6 so i fabed one up tell me what u think,, keep in mind its not painted! thanks Eric

·
Registered
397 Posts
while I definitely commend your workmanship and detail on this (honestly, this looks sick and very well done), I don't see the logic in sticking a harness bar on a car thats just a bit too portly and nose heavy for real track use. You've now lost your 4 door practicality and gained... well... dunno what you've gained except a slick looking harness bar. In any case, lets see those track vids :)

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i agree that it would look better with "racing" (or racing style at least) buckets installed in the car. it's hard to run a harness correctly with stock seats (many track organaztions don't even allow it), as the stress put on the seat by the harness (when you crash) is not what the factory designed and can lean to serious injuries.

i will say that just because the speed is heavy doesn't mean it can't be tracked by any means....it's just that the setup isn't all there yet in my eyes. but the car is typcal of what you see on the market, so good job designing the bar.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i can take it out in 5 min and thats being carfull i dont scratch leather lol its mostly for looks, like car show. it toke a lil time i have to do a lil clean up on it and then powder coat it i dont no what color eather gloss Black or like some sort of silver? what do u think

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I've seen these for regular 6's on ebay...I wonder if they would bolt up to a speed6, don't see why not.
yours looks nice for homemade, get it powdercoated and it'll be sweet.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Ah fellow reg 6 has em on and he got it from NRG innovations. He also has sparco's as well. I think hes name was eqierda, do a search he did a great write up about it...

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
My thoughts as well. There are actually a few I've seen, and haven't even searched, for the Mazda 6 03-08 body. I don't see why it wouldn't fit a Speed6, and if not, i'm sure it would with very minimal, worthwhile modifications.

Great work OP. I'd powdercoat it black, but that's me..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahh lol i bring it tomorrow to get powder coated, i like black to proracing but i kinda want it a lil noticable thats why i think maybe a silver hmmmm idk .......

·
Registered
959 Posts
+1 for a good oh shit bar

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
an oh shit bar that will knock out peoples teeth and more if anyone sits in the back!

if it's for sure, make sure it's out unless you are going to a show (and never have anyone in the back with it installed), and if you go to a show with it, and there are no buckets....you won't really get real points.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i droped it off at the powder coater to day i went with silver. lol deff. a ohh shit handle , but i dont like ppl in the back seat and this is a good reason why they wont get in back! i think it looks hot, and deff. turn ur head to look inside!

·
Registered
5,341 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks bro! i mean for now its for looks, the thing is solid by it self. and in the car its for real. but u have the choice if i find a 4 point harness for a good price then it works! i shound mass produce it and jack the price up like 700$ like every thing else for the MS6 haha

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
QUOTE (boost @ Feb 11 2009, 10:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1518122
thanks bro! i mean for now its for looks, the thing is solid by it self. and in the car its for real. but u have the choice if i find a 4 point harness for a good price then it works! i shound mass produce it and jack the price up like 700$ like every thing else for the MS6 haha[/b]

so what happens when you do put on a 4 pt harness? and you roll your car? you just comitted suicide by design ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts