Mazda 6 Forums banner
61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
5-11-2017

Finally have the Air lift Performance 3p Kit installed from Air Lift Performance.
So far drive is good at the current ride height, I am guessing It's a 2-3/4" - 3" drop - Aired out/ Slammed when park is a full 4-1/2" to 4-3/4" drop..

Ride-Height

Aired-Out

Dual Compressors on MDF boards, Velcro to original trunk cupboard thus making it somewhat a hidden compartment.

Updated photos.

Looks awesome, where are the head lights from?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Been awhile.. Update on the ride.. 122k the transmission finally died, the headlight still going strong except for the C shape LED drl, which are flickering now, time to replace. Engine is still in good condition no issues, all original drive train components like drive shafts, wheel bearing etc, are still in good condition after 8 years. Car is in the shop getting a brand new transmission set me back 3 grand just for the transmission.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Been awhile.. Update on the ride.. 122k the transmission finally died, the headlight still going strong except for the C shape LED drl, which are flickering now, time to replace. Engine is still in good condition no issues, all original drive train components like drive shafts, wheel bearing etc, are still in good condition after 8 years. Car is in the shop getting a brand new transmission set me back 3 grand just for the transmission.
Output bearings went bad? I didn’t change my trans fluid until 167k. Didn’t smell burnt, but was black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Output bearings went bad? I didn’t change my trans fluid until 167k. Didn’t smell burnt, but was black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Transmission has not been taken out yet until the brand new transmission comes in which is on backorder (low supply in parts), so car is out of commision for at least 2 weeks or so, but dealer gave me a 2022 CX5 premier plus loaner to drive around for the time being no charge. Lost acceleration when i was on the freeway right before hearing a thunk under me, thought i had hit something on the road. We tried starting it up again the other day to see if it can move on it's own again, nope. Dealer think a gear may have worn out perhaps, won't know till it comes down.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Other than Mazda saying the transmission was defective and a couple of issues arose along with it when they took out the tranny, driver side axle drive shaft gear teeth was shredded, added to cost.. repair was going to be exactly what the car was worth at 6 grand. luckily since I've already bought two cars from the dealers previously the dealer took the ride as a trade in and got myself a 2022 Premium Plus CX5 instead and call it a day, No more sedan for me at least when it comes to Mazda since the Mazda6 was discontinued for 2021. Already have some wheels and a drop lined up for the new ride.. So this is basically the last post form me on this site, it has been a great ride, time to move on to something new.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
379 Posts
. So this is basically the last post form me on this site, it has been a great ride, time to move on to something new.
There is a tonne of resource on this site. You should stick around so you can share you experiences and knowledge.

Reactions: Archerfish

·
Registered
2016 6
517 Posts
And hey when it comes down to it, the cx-5 and the 6 were built with the same chassis so basically anything goes between them. Don't be stranger lol, whether it's a 6 a 3 a cx-5 or whatever else there are plenty of us on here willing to help any way we can. Glad you stuck with mazda but sucks to see another 6 owner go down.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I have some parts laying around, for those local in Los Angeles keep a tab here for photos of the parts i'll have for pick-up only.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
And hey when it comes down to it, the cx-5 and the 6 were built with the same chassis so basically anything goes between them. Don't be stranger lol, whether it's a 6 a 3 a cx-5 or whatever else there are plenty of us on here willing to help any way we can. Glad you stuck with mazda but sucks to see another 6 owner go down.
I know, most likely will still be around, the modding bug already bit me again found some neat parts for the 22 CX-5.

61 - 79 of 79 Posts