Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Those look like the ones on my car. Came from Poland. Paid $55 shipped.

The strut tower bracket on mine looks different, but same concept. I still need to get a new bolt. Oh well. Function>Form

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Dang! I like the slybracket idea. Might have to look into doing it for mine. How sturdy is it on our thin plastic "splitters"?

Build's coming along great!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Dang! I like the slybracket idea. Might have to look into doing it for mine. How sturdy is it on our thin plastic "splitters"?

Build's coming along great!

Surprisingly the plastic bars on our bumpers are fairly strong can take a beating, the bracket installed is very sturdy, also you can position wherever you want it, I offset it closer to driver side instead of the usual center mounted look, It grips one of the horizontal plastic bars with left and right spring activated notch grippers that grips the bar then you tigthen for a even more secure grip.

I've driven thru high winds, bumps in the road still on there like a champ. Also install is easy just slide thru openings let grippers latch onto a bar, position where you want it tighten and install included license plate bracket holder and license plate and be done in 15 mins or less.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Could you post photos of the interior of your car? I think I read that you have wrapped some of the pillar posts with suede. I have been thinking of doing the same but there's always something "more important" to do...

·
Registered
658 Posts
Just know there is no space for panic button. Overseas version do not use panic buttons. You will want the three button version if you can live without the panic button..
I have three buttons: lock, unlock, and open trunk. I can't get a picture right now, I'm on my bed and trying to sleep.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Do you have the part code or name for these headlights? Been looking for these for a long time
You can find them on Aliexpress.com. These made for Grand touring, connectors need to be modified to fit on Touring and Sports model just so you know. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33026394307.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.5fb447a0kBgpdS&algo_pvid=2189d529-122f-4602-bf79-c7b571358a4a&algo_expid=2189d529-122f-4602-bf79-c7b571358a4a-14&btsid=f7484484-7401-4a15-bc82-222313e40a59&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_10,searchweb201603_53

·
Registered
489 Posts
It's a brand I found at T-Mall from a Taiwanese vendor (TourNax Spoilers). Tournax mainly makes these for Kia, but found one for the Mazda, Output is somewhat lacking during daylight, but at night it's fine. Quality is good on the spoiler itself but the LED construction is more on the DIY side of things inside the spoiler but it works and it was very cheap so I grabbed it. The way the led is constructed I could just go buy some high powered LED array and replace the ones that came with this thing.

How is this holding up? Are the LEDs still all working?

I was driving behind my wife that was driving my 6 on Monday and noticed that my 3rd brake light is not working anymore in my spoiler. It had some dead spots when we bought the car anyway so I knew it was already on its way out. Me being me, I almost want to shave the current 3rd brake light and have a roof spoiler with the 3rd light. I'm half tempted to get the one that you have and try to fix it to the 1st gen. It would fit the over all theme that i have planned :unsure:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
How is this holding up? Are the LEDs still all working?

I was driving behind my wife that was driving my 6 on Monday and noticed that my 3rd brake light is not working anymore in my spoiler. It had some dead spots when we bought the car anyway so I knew it was already on its way out. Me being me, I almost want to shave the current 3rd brake light and have a roof spoiler with the 3rd light. I'm half tempted to get the one that you have and try to fix it to the 1st gen. It would fit the over all theme that i have planned :unsure:
Sorry for the late reply, do not visit that often here. Lights are holding still, but the tape that comes with it started to failed on the left side, took it off, peeled off all the foam tape on it, then i am going to use 3M high strenght automotive tape instead of foam tape which in my opinion should not be use for things like spoilers.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts