Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i just went ot drive the M6 and was truely dissapointed. I am a bit BIG but i fit very nicely in my Protege 5 whci i was gonna trade in for the M6s, BUT i have a few problems.

Maybe some of you can help me out in this. The front seat is TIGHT!!! The damn E-Brake is sticking into my right thigh...i DO NOT have this problem in the samller P5, also the trunk linning on top, is not seciured. The cloth is EXPOSED (i can stick my fingers under the carpet)!! It is held in place by 5 plastic pins..i extimate in 203 years they will come loose by my BASS and the lining will falll off like cheap KIAS!!!

Is the demo car just evry bad or has any owner notices the lining is not tucked inside some plastic in the trunk top lid?

Also the doors are so THIN, i am just expecting a more solid feel to the door for saftey. Options in the cra is NICE but the price is WAY over the Accord V6 even the Altima is cheaper?

Any owners had small problems? ie quirks...I am in the market VERY soon and have to make up my mind. these are my 3 choices, but so far i am not too impressed. I like Mazda but i want to buy a GOOD nan d Practical car.

Mazda 6 = 220HP
Accord v6 = 240HP
Altima V6- 245HP

help. Thanks

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Madaza 6 BAD finish inside...and layout.

Both the Accord and Mazda6 were my choices. The Altima was not even a consideration since the interior dash is just so damn ugly. Plus it does not help that the material is kind of cheap compared to the other two. Mazda did an excellent job this time around, I have to admit. It is on par with Honda. But I prefer the Mazda T-dash compared to the Honda.

Why I did not chose the Accord over the Mazda6 is that the Honda was just too conservative for me. I been driving a very humble Volvo 960 for 8 years. I wanted something with more livelier appearance. The Mazda6 hands down takes both interior and exterior styling, IMHO anyway. I love the agressive exterior body and the modernize look of the interior is better.

I have to admit that the Honda engine is probably more powerful, reliable and smoother. But when I tested the Mazda V6, it is just slightly below Honda's par. It is a very powerful engine and very smooth and quiet.

One thing you have to realize is when you buy a Mazda6, you are buying a more spirited vehicle. I forgot who wrote a review and posted in this forum but what he type best describe the Honda and Mazda. The Honda may be better overall but it does not excel in any particular area. While the Mazda may not beat the Honda overall, it does excel in its handling tuning (definitely more sportier handling than the Altima). I rather be able to carve than experience all the torque steer with the Altima.

One thing you did mentioned that irks me a bit is the trunk lid liner. I did not try to wiggle it when I test drove the car. But I take the nice hydraulic struts for the trunk over the cheap intruding metal elbow bar that Honda used since the beginning of time (oops, they used the struts in one of the earlier generation).

But ultimately it comes down to your decision. I just want to let you know that the Accord is a nice car. It is just not my car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Madaza 6 BAD finish inside...and layout.'

Mazda 6 received a 20 out of 20 score for the test that insurance companies use to rate the safety of the car. So I'm guessing the doors are pretty solid. As to the interior layout, it is true that the 6 has less room up front for the taller / larger passengers, but that is offset by a large and spacious back seat. If you find that you can't fit comfortably in the front seat then maybe this isn't the car for you. The trunk liner I have found no issues with.

·
Registered
322 Posts

The safety features of the '6 are pretty outstanding. I mean side and curtain airbags along with the triple-H safety cell, etc.

Also, get the hatch :p The subby won't be hanging onto the carpet then, since it's beneath the floor of the hatch :)

·
Registered
20 Posts

It's clearly your choice. I'm also tall 6'6", and fit comfortably in the Mazda6. I found that I had significantly more room than the Protegé 5. I suggest you take one out for another test drive. If it's not comfortable you won't be happy.

·
Registered
212 Posts

It seems like the 6 is just not the car for you due to the seats being too small. Like you said, the 6 is smaller and less powerful than the Accord and Altima - we all know that.

One thing you say I have a hard time believing, though. You say the Altima and Accord are cheaper (as in lower price)??? Really? I don't know about Canada prices, but here in the U.S., both the Altima and Accord came at $2-3k more than the Mazda6 when comparably equipped. So either the prices in Canada are just different or you're not comparing apples to apples.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

The V6 Accord AUTO..(I am buying AUTO) Is $28200 CDN
Mazda 6s AUTO $30500
Altima SE 3.5 AUTO= $29300

All prices WITh PDI and freight.

·
Registered
262 Posts

Your prices are not correct DARKSUN. These are the correct Canadian prices (taken off of each website) for each respective car with no added options.

A LX-V6 Accord sedan is $29,850.
A V6 3.5 Altima SE with cloth is $29,098.
A V6 Mazda6 with cloth interior is $28,195.

An EX-V6 Accord with leather interior is $33,350.
A V6 3.5 Altima SE with leather $31,198.
A V6 Mazda6 with leather interior is $31,995.

·
Registered
212 Posts

I assume those are similarly equipped cars? Here's what it is in the U.S. for a Mazda6 V6 automatic w/ my configuration:

Mazda6 = $25,790

Similarly equipped competitors:
Accord = $26,260
Altima = $27,667

Those are MSRP prices. I got my 6 for $100 over invoice. While you might be able to deal on the Nissan Altima, it is unlikely that you'll pay much less than sticker for an Accord down here. In the end, the 6 was considerably cheaper than both those cars.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

i don't have that problem on my trunk u are referring.

the doors on the 6 are heavier and are not thin compare to my previous 98 accord.

my only problem so far is the driver door don't close smoothly compare with the front passenger door. i'm bringing it in when i have time other than that i'm at 150km no problems so far.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Reading Topic: Madaz

The 6 is less than the other cars you mention. Go option by option in comparison and you'll see the Altima and Accord go up in price pretty fast.

The 6 is very roomy to me, and, I am a larger person. Oddly, I find the P5 to be a tighter fit especially in the shoulder room area. The 6 is spacious for me. In comparison, the Accord is about the same but the seats are a bit wider but the 6 has a more "open" feeling. The Altima is big inside but the seats don't have a feeling of support when sport driving.

The 6 appears to be build quite well and the doors feel solid, more so than the Accord or the tinny sounding Altima.

Of course, it's your choice but your comments seem contrary to what everyone else, even outside this list, has experienced. Pricing especially.

Tome

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I guess you don't like the car.
Buh-bye.

Just kidding around; I hope you find a car you like. You might actually want to try the Camry before you make a final decision.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I can't take credit for it. It was used by someone on NASIOC (my other home away from home).

·
Registered
980 Posts

There's no way that the Accord and Altima is cheaper than the 6. Especially not the Altima. I think the Altima is an overpriced car. I was also looking into the car, however, the price turned me off. Plus the interior of the car plain, ugly and cheap.
Just like what others have said, you have to get a car that you like unless you like to spend money to be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Madaza 6 BAD finish inside...and layout.

I find the Accord to be the most overpriced of the three.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts