Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I hope someone can help me with this. My horn started blowing in the early morn upsetting my neighbors in sure. I tried everything to stop it when I just decided to drive it and I noticed a puddle of water on the passenger side floor under the control module where all the wires and fuses are. We has a thunderstorm overnight so I'm wondering if water getting in to the control module could be the reason why things are going wonky, oh I also noticed the PRNDL letters in the wheel panel are blinking and when driving the car seems to loose power. I know its alot of crazy going on but if someone can help me please do. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
17,386 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about everything going on. That's definitely sounding like you've acquired an electrical gremlin or two. Let the car completely dry out for a day or so without using it, let things settle down, and give it another go.

The unfortunate thing is that electrical issues (specifically caused by water) can be extremely difficult to track down. Let us know anything else that is happening and we'll do our best to help.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I recommend that you don't use the car and disconnect the negative terminal. Then you start drying the car and try to look where water is coming from.

If I may ask, were the horn still sounding when you drove it? I mean, was the horn sounding non-stop?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
as others have said, dry it out first.

on the module - get rid of all the corrosion and then clean it w/ acid brush and isopropyl alcohol. Clean that module and it's connector contacts. Get rid of any/all build ups, green crust etc.

Modules are quite voltage sensitive. A little rust/corrosion here and there will create havoc. Some sector of them work in the sensitive 5v & milliampere range.

you have to find the source of the leak. fix it. or else it'll happen again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts