Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start this post...and hope that it gets pinned...so that other M6s MTX owners out there can benefit by getting their clutch failures covered by Mazda warranty within the full 4/50 warranty period. I had my clutch replaced under warranty on June 27, 2006 at 45,284 miles. I was experiencing shudder/judder and a creaking noise. I have seen a growing number of other members starting to have the same success in getting this repair covered within the full 4/50 period. If you have a V6 MTX and are having clutch issues, reference this list and you should be able to get yours covered, too. Sure the stock replacement clutch may still suck (although mine feels better than the OE one ever did), but it beats having to pay for a new clutch when there obviously is a reliability issue with the OE ones to begin with. The point is that this repair should be taken care of by Mazda for the full new vehicle warranty period and the more of us that they do under warranty over the 12/12 adjustment period, the greater the case that they make for the rest of us that need this repair.

Please keep this thread simple so that it is strictly a quick reference list for other owners. Please refrain from posting in whether a clutch should, or should not be a warranty repair. That is not in the spirit of this thread. Only post your model year, the date and mileage that the clutch was replaced under Mazda warranty. Also note the dealer if it was a positive/helpful experience. I have also seen a few threads where fellow members were reimbursed by Mazda after the fact due to a threat of litigation. You guys/gals post in as well. Just remember that everytime Mazda pays for/reimburses for a clutch repair outside of the 12/12 period, they are legally acknowledging that this repair is a 4/50 issue!

This list does not guarantee that you will get help from your local dealer, but it does not end with the dealer! You will likely have to get Mazda involved to get this covered and it will give you legal leverage with a Mazda District Rep and Mazda Customer Relations. Unfortunately, it often comes down to playing a little rough, but for a $1,000 worth of repairs it is worth it! Good luck to all!!!

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
good idea for a post, especially as the weather gets colder. could you maybe put the word "chatter" "shudder" or "jutter" issue, or maybe describe the problem of why the clutch had to be replaced? i think this might help the people that post there.

Also do you think it would be a good idea to also have the users post WHERE they got the repair done? I know alot of people on this board got their cars from Wayne Mazda, but i'm reluctant to find anyone that has had this issue resolved from there.

Danny.

EDIT: Cool good change, hopefully I can find someone around my area that can help me out and even recommend a dealer as to where i can take my car to get this service performed.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
could you maybe put the word "chatter" "shudder" or "jutter" issue, or maybe describe the problem of why the clutch had to be replaced?

Also do you think it would be a good idea to also have the users post WHERE they got the repair done?[/b]
Good points. I modified my post. Thanks, man!

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Was your clutch judder reproducible? Mine is every once in a while. It occurs more often in the cold.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Just remember that everytime Mazda pays for/reimburses for a clutch repair outside of the 12/12 period, they are legally acknowledging that this repair is a 4/50 issue![/b]
Um, no they are not. That's not how it works. If they truly were conducted under the manufacturer warranty then you could claim those other cases give yours precedence. But manufacturers are smarter than that. Repairs outside of the factory warranty are conducted under a special program and are called "Goodwill Repairs", they can even be conducted well outside of the 50,000 mile warranty on occassion. They are conducted on a case-by-case basis under the approval of regional reps; and what one rep approves another might not. And what the same rep approved last week he might not approve next week.

Under a Goodwill program they are not required to conduct repairs that you could prove they did on other people's cars, as they could be required to do under a manufacturer warranty program under precedence. Precedence means absolutely nothing with repairs conducted under the Goodwill program. By definition a "Goodwill Repair" is one that the manufacturer is acknowleding that they don't have to cover it, but in this case they choose to for whatever reason the regional rep deems sufficient.

You see, you underline that "covered under Mazda warranty" part in your post because it would be important to claim precdence. However, any clutch replaced outside of the 12,000 mile wear-and-tear warranty is not covered "under Mazda warranty". It is covered under the "Goodwill Program" and the amount is taken out of the regional reps budget directly. It's not a warranty claim. You are provided no "legal leverage" with the evidence of past goodwill repairs.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Um, no they are not. That's not how it works. If they truly were conducted under the manufacturer warranty then you could claim those other cases give yours precedence. But manufacturers are smarter than that. Repairs outside of the factory warranty are conducted under a special program and are called "Goodwill Repairs", they can even be conducted well outside of the 50,000 mile warranty on occassion. They are conducted on a case-by-case basis under the approval of regional reps; and what one rep approves another might not. And what the same rep approved last week he might not approve next week.

Under a Goodwill program they are not required to conduct repairs that you could prove they did on other people's cars, as they could be required to do under a manufacturer warranty program under precedence. Precedence means absolutely nothing with repairs conducted under the Goodwill program. By definition a "Goodwill Repair" is one that the manufacturer is acknowleding that they don't have to cover it, but in this case they choose to for whatever reason the regional rep deems sufficient.

You see, you underline that "covered under Mazda warranty" part in your post because it would be important to claim precdence. However, any clutch replaced outside of the 12,000 mile wear-and-tear warranty is not covered "under Mazda warranty". It is covered under the "Goodwill Program" and the amount is taken out of the regional reps budget directly. It's not a warranty claim. You are provided no "legal leverage" with the evidence of past goodwill repairs.
[/b]
so basicaly if you didnt say anything or get it repaired within that 12k mile wear n tear deal...its basically a crap shoot. They can fix it if they feel like? Hmmmm....i guess its just something that i'll have to live with the whole winter....damn... :swearin:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'll bring my car to dealer tommorow, I have same issues in the morning.

I have question;
Do i need to change my intake to stock? I got Cpe hooked on....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts