Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all you lucky folks that HAVE an M6s (v6) with the 5 speed trans (auto/man) how is the acceleration? I test drove it the car, but want to know about daily usage.

How does it feel merging onto the freeway? Like its got way more to give? Or does it feel weak?

How about off of a red light? Does it feel exciting w/o haveing to redline it?, or are you waiting for this thing to move?

Oh and does anyone know if a say...a supiercharger mod is being made for this thing?

Gracious mi amigos

http://www.dafey.com

·
Registered
334 Posts
Reading Topic: M6s Performance

Turbo addon is coming soon it's all here in this thread (also got pics link)
http://www.goonish.com/atenza/read.php?TID=1336

if u want more horsepower go for V6 version if u can... im in Australia we dont ge V6 version... iver read alot here .. some ppl r happy with I4... some wants extra power goes for V6 ... just remind yourself ... it's only a sports sedan/hatch .. not a true sports car .. if u want to race with pure sports car u get ur ass kicked for sure...
0~100km/h is around 9second ish ...

Cheers

·
Registered
119 Posts

The i4 is good for what it is (modern tech variable valve etc) but the V6 is better and I want one, simple.

·
Registered
44 Posts

If ever there was one car that should be taken for more than its performance numbers or the sum of its features, it should be the mazda6!!!
Trust me I’m saying this after 5000 Km (in less than a month) with a 2.0 bare sedan, and this is also from a guy who vowed that his next car well be a nothing short of V6!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts

This is also coming from a guy who lives where all hell is going to break lose in the coming days, so i realy have no reason to lie... not to an american at least!

·
Registered
526 Posts

I truly pray Saddam is playing a game of brinksmanship and will capitulate when push comes to shove. None of us want a war, but Bush is hardly bluffing.

Stay safe.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Ruefus - I hardy think it will be soo nice... If someone wants a war it's Saddam - we don't have a clue about what he as in his sleeve! Cruise missiles? If he have nuclear arms, and USA attacks, then a lot of americans and Iraki people are going to die. Just what I think...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6s Performance'

The V6 5 speed is great, smooth clutch, smooth, accurate shifter and gear box, and the performance is awesome. My biggest problem is finding places where I can safely use that performance :) That and wanting to launch the car like a bat outta hell at every light. as for everyday driving there is plenty of power down low, I can wait to do some mods to smooth out the power band. I'm very happy, I'm only at about 3000 miles and I bet the engine will still open up some more

·
Registered
526 Posts

Never said that's what I thought'd happen. I PRAY nothing happens but know better.

Saddam isn't stupid. On the contrary. 'Winning' isn't really an option for him. At least not how we'd define it. If he fires off a nuclear device or biological weapon, he knows the entire world will probably agree instantly to collectively turn Iraq into a piece of glass.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Please guys, this is the "Why the 6?" section. Discussions other then that should take place in the Lounge. Keep it on topic, please!

W

·
0 Posts

Guys,
I've been lookin' at the "6", but just read an article that here in Canada it's limited to 120mph...Is this true??, if so what "cheesey" 17" tires do Mazda supply with it???

I currently have an Intrepid R/T which I just don't trust anymore after my Tranny blew up last month. Wife has a Tribute, which got me thinkin' "Mazda"..........

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

The 120mph governor isn't due to the tires. It's probably done to keep the insurance rate down.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts

Originally posted by MZR23
           This is also coming from a guy who lives where all hell is going to break lose in the coming days, so i realy have no reason to lie... not to an american at least![/b]
I have to admit, this didn't make sense to me at first, then I looked at where you are from and laughed hard, then after I thought about it for a second, it didn't seem very funny to me anymore.

Well, at least you have a great handling car to dodge the bombs that'll be raining down on you.

·
Registered
980 Posts

I think it is limited to 120 mph but that could be easily removed. Plus why do you want to go any faster than that anyways?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts