Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ran a M6s auto on the dyno yet? if so I would love to see it. I've seen a couple that i believe are manuals which are putting down about 175 or so hp. Do you guys think the m6s might be overated HP wise al ittle bit? The toque seems strong but I think you would expect like 185+ hp at the wheels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Replying to Topic 'M6S Auto Dyno'

Oops my bad. I just looked through the 6s sound thread and saw two AT dynos, one hit 160hp 150lb torque, one hit 165/155~.

So what do you all think about the possiblity that the engine is overrated HP wise? Or do you just think the trannies are a little on the inneficient side of the scale?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: M6S Auto Dyno

That is quite amusing as the "tiny" I4 has a minimal loss from enigine to wheels. The car should have
166hp @6500rpm
and
207nm (Newtonmeter) torque @ 4000 rpm (don't know how to translate that to lb, soory)

Rototest got the following numbers on the wheels:
154hp @ 6300rpm
196nm @ 4000 rpm

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts

Rototest has the 4-cyl AT?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Ohhh sorry it was the manual :D Didn't read carfull enough.

And I am talking about the Swedish Rototest company.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Originally posted by TinkySD

Oops my bad. I just looked through the 6s sound thread and saw two AT dynos, one hit 160hp 150lb torque, one hit 165/155~.

So what do you all think about the possiblity that the engine is overrated HP wise? Or do you just think the trannies are a little on the inneficient side of the scale?[/b]
good question. While my 6s MT had about a 19% loss in HP, the loss in torque was only 11% (I dynoed with about 2000 miles)....so if you assume a 15% average loss for both, it looks like the stats at the crank are prolly closer to 208 HP / 200 TQ as opposed to 220 HP / 192 TQ. I would like to see a couple of cars with 10,000 miles dynoed before I decide. What I will say is the car is fast stock, and with a few breather mods the V6 should be close to 200 WHP

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by Blackbird

And I am talking about the Swedish Rototest company.[/b]

Rototest is a totally different dyno that the Dynojet type that most people test on. Never try to compare # from two different dynos let alone two that test the car in different ways. The DynoJet is a rolling road (rotating cyclinder) and the Rototest is bolted directly to the hubs (replacing the wheels). The Rototest acts more like a Brake dyno from my understanding.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Originally posted by LBJay

Originally posted by Blackbird

And I am talking about the Swedish Rototest company.[/b]

Rototest is a totally different dyno that the Dynojet type that most people test on. Never try to compare # from two different dynos let alone two that test the car in different ways. The DynoJet is a rolling road (rotating cyclinder) and the Rototest is bolted directly to the hubs (replacing the wheels). The Rototest acts more like a Brake dyno from my understanding.

[/b][/quote]

yeah anything that connects to the hub generally dynos about 5-7% higher(dynopac vs dynojet). It has everything to do with wheel friction and rotating mass...that's why you should never let someone tell you light weight wheels aren't important =)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts