Mazda 6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
unfortunately the shop that is supposed to do the intercooler piping isnt starting work on it until this week. i will post pics as soon as i get it back from the shop so stay tuned guys!

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (Chemsitz @ Sep 22 2008, 03:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1442054
Hey could I just buy this instead of waiting or searching for a stock speed6 manifold? would it work on a 6i then purchase a t3/t4 turbo and piece it together like you M6racer?

http://www.streetunit.com/MAZDASPEED_Turbo..._p/dnmssstm.htm[/b]

should work because the msp have 10 holes on their exhaust manifold were as our 6i's have 7. so 7 out of the 10 will line up just use a 6i exhaust manifold gasket to cover the 3 empty holes and should be good to go, and thats a nice manifold too.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
hey sorry bout taking your thread here m6racer :nana: but thanks guys for the quick reply on my question! think imma buy the aftermarket one on streetunit and piece my turbo together....parts should come quick provided I have the funds I know it will cost way more but least it will be a lil quicker to put it all down in the 6...Time over money any day...

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Oh my god... that is so badass!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
i know! haha. im just waiting for some 45 degree couplers, weld on bov flange, and a foam filter to finish it off. should be running by the end of this week and then its off to get tuned!

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (m6racer @ Oct 7 2008, 10:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1454022
i know! haha. im just waiting for some 45 degree couplers, weld on bov flange, and a foam filter to finish it off. should be running by the end of this week and then its off to get tuned![/b]

The Haltech hooked up? Whats cost so far?

I have my kit layin in my garage...lol. Waitin on Ricardo to get the tuner for 06-08 guys up and runnin..

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
the haltech isnt hooked up yet but i was able to get the base map for the hiboost turbo kit. so i plan on using the base map for my haltech and fine tune from there. a local shop wants $200 to wire up the haltech. my build as of right now stands at $3531.78 so i should be able to get the whole thing done for around 4k

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
alright guys another update. intercooler piping is finally finished and the car is running. i still need to bring it in for tuning but its finished for the most part. so onto the pics and any comments are welcome!

Attachments

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
i ran a 1/0 gauge audio wire to the battery which is now in the trunk of the car. hopefully ill be able to post up further details and pics on how i did it later on tonight.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
looks good man! nice to see your this far along.

one thing i would change is the intercooler piping visable from the front. looks out of place. id paint the piping there black so it was not as noticeable. and just leave the intercooler to bling.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
QUOTE (xxxmonoxidechild @ Oct 15 2008, 06:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1459680
one thing i would change is the intercooler piping visable from the front. looks out of place. id paint the piping there black so it was not as noticeable. and just leave the intercooler to bling.[/b]
lol i actually plan on painting the intercooler piping flat black but im waiting until this winter when the car will be in the garage. i might even get the intercooler painted black as well.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
can we get that good YOUTUBE video?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts