Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as some of the members on this board know, ive been planning on boosting my 03 6i. well the install finally began last saturday and i thought i would finally share my plans to all 6club members. enjoy the pics! oh yeah and comment!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Very nice and stock looking as well, and ppl might even think its a sleeper speed 6...I like the way you used most of the speed 6 parts and especially many other upgrade/aftermarket parts for the speed 6...I like...

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Hey man, glad to see the progress your making. How far along are you (50%?), and when do you think you'll get into the wiring of the Haltech? make sure you keep a running cost of everything so other 6i guys looking to go this custom route know what to expect.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the only things left that are needed are the custom intercooler piping, and the installation and tuning of the haltech as well as a few pieces of hardware that should cost no more than 50 bucks. as the car sits right now, im $2600 into my build. i have a shop that is going to do the custom intercooler piping for $450 that includes tbolt clamps, couplers, and a bov flange. so all in all i hope to have the car running and tuned for around $3500.

·
Registered
640 Posts

·
Registered
7,070 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
QUOTE (Rainmens @ Aug 29 2008, 08:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1423468
Dude, you gotta realize M6 got a few kep parts at a GREAT price (Your welcome, haha), its not gonna be this cheap for everyone.[/b]
lol yeah i did get alot of the parts for a great price. i was even able to get some parts discounted and or for free. i wouldnt be surprised if the whole build was already over 3k without any type of discounts.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yeah, not cheap indeed, considering you'll want to upgrade some of the internals as well to handle the pressure form the turbo like Mazda did for the Speed6. Has anyone else turbo'd the 6i yet with good results?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
QUOTE (TheMilitia @ Aug 29 2008, 11:25 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1423647
Yeah, not cheap indeed, considering you'll want to upgrade some of the internals as well to handle the pressure form the turbo like Mazda did for the Speed6. Has anyone else turbo'd the 6i yet with good results?[/b]
There are a decent amount of turbo 6i's and the only one I know of that had issues was Cville who unfortunately got the Hass kit. 215-275whp is the norm and most of these are still on the stock internals, stock exhaust, or a moderately safe tune.

The 6i probably has the strongest engine between the three models but, no surprise, the transmission is more likely to blow before the engine.

Hmm, gotta see if 1FastM6 up there in Canada has managed any progress on his NA build after the 14:1 compression ran like dookie.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
26 Participants
BlazinM6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing