Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was gonna switch out all the bulbs in my 6 soon, after sum of my other mods are done, and was wanting to know wut type of bulbs were on the outside. i am going to switch out the lowbeam, highbeam, backup, side marker and possibly the fog lights all at one time. i gonna try the closest white light around, but a lil blue is ok. any suggestions on brands/types to use?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 Bulb Types???'

There's another post floating aroung that list the bulb types. I think the lows are H1 and the fogs are H3s. I was looking at the Philips Vision Plus bulbs at Powerbulbs. Has anyone tried these?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

I can highly recommend the Philips Vision Plus. I got them in my Golf and they're really giving you the brightest light you can get (at least legally). I've had them for nearly two years now. Still the first pair. Over here they're quite cheap, around 25-30 Euros/Dollars the pair (H1).

Don't buy those tinted bulbs. They're all crappy as hell. If you just want to have a bright and good light get the Philips Vision Plus.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Reading Topic: M6 Bulb Types???

Are the Vision Pluses legal in the US? Also, anyone have pics (I know it'll be hard to see the difference but) of stock lights and say - HID or even the Visions?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

I think I remember that you can get them legally in the U.S. They must be DOT approved I believe, is that right? Philips has an excellent forum for automotive lighting.

The Vision Plus are NOT as bright as real HID. They don't even have the same color temperature. Anyone who is trying to tell you something else is lying. They are giving you a noticable improvement. Each time I'm standing next to another car like mine I notice the difference.

But the output of the light also depends on the beam pattern and the design of your housing. If your light housing is spreading the light in every possible direction except for the road, then a good bulb won't help you very much.

Edit:

If you can wait until the weekend I'll make pictures with Vision Plus installed and without. It's only a matter of minutes. Is that o.k.?

·
Registered
88 Posts

I don't think they are DOT approved as I didn't see them listed on the Philips US Automotive site and none of the sites that sell them say they are DOT approved.

·
Registered
76 Posts

Ok...just like WhoDiddy...I plan on replacing the bulbs in my 6 (when I get it of course)! I'd like something as bright as possible while being DOT approved and not HID - too expensive for me for now - heh. I love that I'm making many mods on a car I don't even have yet :hoho So I ask people...what are your feeling...opinions on different bulbs...what's good?

Driver6 - whenever u get pics up is fine...no rush :D

should I get gay ass blue lights to put in the integrated fogs? It would make things different ya know...opinions?

-NY Mazda6

·
Registered
158 Posts

I was wondering if anyone knew who manufactures the bulbs that are installed in the '6 from the factory?

Just wondering to help in the decision of whether to replace the bulbs or not.

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts

Driver6...what happend to the comparison pics???

heckler - If they're good...I'll probably buy them! DOT approved...i dunno...if you see me pulled over by Suffolk County PD...honk then wave to me lol :hoho

·
Registered
88 Posts

I'll be sure to give you the m6 salute :thefing. I've only heard good things about the Vision Pluses. I'm planning on giving them a try. Either that or the Osram Silverstars.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts

Originally posted by NY Mazda6

Driver6...what happend to the comparison pics???

heckler - If they're good...I'll probably buy them! DOT approved...i dunno...if you see me pulled over by Suffolk County PD...honk then wave to me lol :hoho[/b]
I already took a picture of the car equipped with the VisionPlus. Now I still have to take a shot of the other bulbs. I won't forget I promise. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.