Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who have bought the 2.0L.......... major...bummer...man...:(

Just got word from Mazda Singapore that the 2.3L M6 will be launch in the November Auto show.

Price is estimated about S$10k more than the 2.0L which means in the S$116K to S$120k range. (USD66k)

I was told that the 2.3L will have full specs factory fitted from Japan, no local contents.


Damn...!!!! the price to pay for not waiting.....!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

CHY,

BTW, do u intend to sell your 2.0L version ? I maybe able to find somebody.

When you sell our new car within the first six months, your could loose as much as 15% of the car value.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

Hi Jon,

I don't know man....... I will really kick myself in the butt, if I sell my 2.0L and lose $15K plus top-up......

I did'nt recall the dealer telling me that they are bringing in the 2.3L. Infact I vaguely remembered that she told me MM will not bring it in due to limited demand.

I guess judging from the 10 cars, it seems like it's catered to the select few......:sarc

Hey........maybe you, Xterm and me can combine and get MM to take our 2.0 and give us a good deal for the 2.3L........:p :p :p :p wishful...thinking..!!!!:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

The 2.3 is a great engine. But from what I've read, the difference to the 2.0 isn't that big. And it's a lot of cash for little...

/Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

What i like to have but not in my 2.0L is the cruise control, activematic transmission and of course the 160+ Bhp with SVT. But then... In Singapore, cost of car ownership is really expensive.

Maybe we will meet at the car fair/show and see what MM can offer us.
I know that due to the recent downturn ( that why last month C.O.E. is down by $3K) and of course BALI bombing.:( Really sad incident.
The car/auto industry in singapore is quite slow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

CHY, Vincent (XTerm)

BTW, if both of you are interested to go for the NOV auto show, let me know. I should be able to arrange 2 entrance tickets for both of u. It's not free entrance.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            What i like to have but not in my 2.0L is the cruise control, activematic transmission and of course the 160+ Bhp with SVT. But then... In Singapore, cost of car ownership is really expensive.

Maybe we will meet at the car fair/show and see what MM can offer us.  
I know that due to the recent downturn ( that why last month C.O.E. is down by $3K) and of course BALI bombing.:(  Really sad incident.
The car/auto industry in singapore is quite slow.  [/b]
Oh... I've ordered a 2.0. It has cruise control (but no activematic - and I wouldn't want that - and no SVT, I could have lived with that though...)

Agree that it's sad with the Bali bomb.

A young girl from a village nearby me here in Sweden was badly injured, and one is missing (probably dead).

I hate terrorists. They are sick.:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

Actually, it's not right to discuss terrorist subject in Mazda forum.

Yes, i hate it too and the rest of the world.
How can a person; a human being bring themselves to do such a hideous act????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

BTW, do u know how much your dealer in selling just the Cruise control option in US$?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            Actually, it's not right to discuss terrorist subject in Mazda forum.

Yes, i hate it too and the rest of the world.  
How can a person; a human being bring themselves to do such a hideous act????[/b]
No, let's not discuss terror. But we're not discussing. Just stating the fact - it's sick. End.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

Steve,

Is your 2.0L ( 4 speed or 5 speed, manual or auto )?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            CHY, Vincent (XTerm)

BTW, if both of you are interested to go for the NOV auto show, let me know. I should be able to arrange 2 entrance tickets for both of u. It's not free entrance.[/b]
Hi Jon,

Youre right there......I'd love to have the SVT and activematic transmission......I'm not greedy, I can do without the cruise.....:hoho


Thanks very much for the offer, my friend is also trying to get some free tix, will definitely make it for the Auto-show. Let's keep in touch and we'll try to meet up there.

my e-mail : [email protected]

Cheers....:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

QUOTE
Originally posted by CHY


            QUOTE
Originally posted by jon


            CHY, Vincent (XTerm)

BTW, if both of you are interested to go for the NOV auto show, let me know. I should be able to arrange 2 entrance tickets for both of u. It's not free entrance.[/b]
Hi Jon,

Youre right there......I'd love to have the SVT and activematic transmission......I'm not greedy, I can do without the cruise.....:hoho


Thanks very much for the offer, my friend is also trying to get some free tix, will definitely make it for the Auto-show. Let's keep in touch and we'll try to meet up there.

my e-mail : [email protected]

Cheers....:) [/b][/quote]

Ok. What about Xterm? Did not see him in the forum for quite sometime.

my email is :[email protected]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'M6 2.3 launch in Singapore'

QUOTE
Originally posted by jon
What about Xterm? Did not see him in the forum for quite sometime.[/b]
A small piece of advice: if you wish someone to come back to the forum, find a thread they started and post in it. That means they will get an e-mail.

XTerm started a thread called JDM Extras if you browse in the Mazda Atenza forum.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top