Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im fairly new to driving stick, and extremely new to driving an all wheel drive car, and i was wondering if its normal for the car to lurch forward when i go from a stop to go on a bumpy intersection. It only happens at a bumpy intersection. With every bump it lurches forward. its hard to explain. but if any one has an idea what im talking about a little help would be apprciated.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I know exactly what you're talking about. The car is "lurching" because the bumps are causing you to give varying levels of gas. You aren't doing anything wrong, it's just something you need to get used to.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yea... still happens to me occasionally. The pedal is real soft and sensitive. So when you hit bumps on the road, your actually tapping the throttle, and it lurches.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I noticed when I drive over bumps theres a brief moment where the car has less traction and it appears as though the traction controll is kicking in causing the car to jerk. Maybe a different issue.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I'm also new to MTX and I had that exact problem too. It's going away though now that I'm becoming more used to this car. The clutch is kind of...wonky? I don't know, I've driven an Acura RSX and that clutch is really sensitive too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts