Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not at all satisfied with the brightness of the stock halogen headlights in my 6 (it's a touring). I miss the HIDs from my old Mazda 3 GT, but it sounds like it would be rather expensive and involved to swap in HIDs to this car. Instead, I'm considering throwing an LED retrofit kit in, but I wanted to get the opinions of someone a bit more experienced than myself first. Does anyone have any experience with these (from CarID)? Or does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
I bought these for my 2014 Mazda 6 Touring.

Cougar Motor LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H11 (H8, H9) -7,200Lm 6000K Cool White CREE
To be honest these are so much better than stock halogens. The road becomes a lot more clearer. I don't think there is a need for $120+ LED bulbs when some $50 bulbs work just fine. Haven't had any bulb overheating issues either.

Here are a couple pictures.
https://imgur.com/a/EfZSSYx
I did the same exact thing for my lows, highs, and fogs on my 2016, only I went with BEAMTEC because they were, at least at the time, slightly cheper, which added up from the number of sets I bought. They are leagues better than the stock halogens even though the projector lense isn't quite ideal for them. My only real complaint is the sharp cutoff from where the beam covers to where it does not at the bottom of the casted light; however, this became all but a non-issue after adjusting the headlights down a smidge.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for the advice. I just ordered the Cougar ones and they'll be here tomorrow. I'm excited to get them in. I don't do as much night driving as I used to, but on Tuesday I was driving at night in the rain and I could barely tell the difference between headlights on and headlights off. This is a desperately needed upgrade. For now, due to money, I'm just doing the low beams but you can bet I'll be replacing everything else with LEDs shortly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts