Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, i finally found some wheels that i liked and ordered them thru a local tuner shop...They are going to test fit one wheel today to make sure it fits, it should 18x8 +50 wrapped in a 235/40/18 Proxes 4

they are Black Motegi DV 5 wrapped in Toyo proxes 4, will have pics when they are put on.....

pic from tirerack of wheel:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWhee...ck+w%2FMach+Lip

but i want different lug nuts, chrome ones are coming w/ wheels, something to match the color of my car, so i came across these:

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/merchant...ategory_Code=L1

First off, are these good, brand wise and fitment wise?? first time doing new rims so i am not sure....and they only come 4 to a pack so i would need to order 5 packs....

do you guys think they will look good with the wheels??

would like to order asap so i can bring them when my wheels/tires are installed....

or if you guys recommend some where else i should get them it would be appreciated...

thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.....

:drive:

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
When you get fitted, ask the shop to give you the specs for the lugs that go with the wheel. There are many sizes and types of lugs, and the 12x1.5mm conical lug you're looking at may not even work with the wheel.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When you get fitted, ask the shop to give you the specs for the lugs that go with the wheel. There are many sizes and types of lugs, and the 12x1.5mm conical lug you're looking at may not even work with the wheel.
[/b]
:rolleyes:

Of course they will fit. If the bolt pattern is correct and the wheels use the common (on almost all aftermarket wheels) 60° lug nut seat they will fit.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Ray, I guess you would know, you just got new shoes eh? :D :drive:
[/b]
Yeah, well ordering from Tire Rack gets rid of all the headaches of finding proper bolts and what not.

Any good shop will spec the lug bolts to use with new aftermarket wheels for any car.

·
Registered
849 Posts
You may wanna just buy some paint and paint the lugs yourself for that price. I know places like pep boys, strauss and auto zone sell tuner lugs so u can buy a set for all 4 wheels at like $25 and buy a can of duplicolor for $5 and get very close to what u r looking for.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I bought some Muteki nuts thru eBay. Here's a set of 16 black ones:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-Muteki-...sspagenameZWDVW

A lot of the listings are for 16 unfortunately, as they expect people to put on one lock nut per wheel, so you'd only need 4 nuts per wheel on a 5 lug wheel. Problem is finding black lock nuts; most are chrome.

But here's a set of 20 with a Buy It Now price of $27 (plus $10 shipping):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Muteki-Lug-...sspagenameZWDVW

You can find them in blue and red too, but they're rarer.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
those orange lugs would be interesting to see on your car epsecially. Definately not worth the money, but the look kinda good. If it 60 shipped thats $2.50 a lug, which could be worse.

·
Registered
690 Posts
if im not mistaken, J's make parts for S2ks too and is a good brand. and light weight lugs are usually expensive.

would be interesting to see if they match ur blazing copper

but personally those also come in black :) i would get those to match ur black wheels

·
Registered
480 Posts
better watch out with those lugs since they are open ended, the weather/rust can cause them be frozen to the studs if they're on there long enough. try looking for some close ended lug nuts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
better watch out with those lugs since they are open ended, the weather/rust can cause them be frozen to the studs if they're on there long enough. try looking for some close ended lug nuts
[/b]
thanks, i was wondering what that meant.... maybe i should go with black then....

i just loved how BabyBlueM6 had the blue lugs to match his car, it made his wheels look even sharper....

thanks for the advice/suggestions everyone.... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts