Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need some input from 04 6S owners if they tried Lucas Trans Fix or any other ATF additive.
I've read different reviews about it, some swears by it, including my brother and some say stay away from additives.
Well I have 106K on my car already and sometimes (depending on how step on the gas I think) it would go 1st gear and rev up high on 2nd then slams into 3rd, like it slips on 2nd.
It does not always happen but I notice it happens on hot weather, I have a tranny cooler installed and I know that there have been discussions about 2-3 gear slowness but I'm just curious if adding an additive would somehow prevent further problems with my ATX.

I was thinking of adding the additive about 2 weeks before I do a drain and refill on my tranny so just incase it does not come out good, I can take the additive out or at least dilute it. I've read that the Lucas can actually recondition the seals and valves or whatever in the tranny.

I have also done a drain and refill on my tranny like about 3 time for the past 2 years using Mobil1 Mercon V.

Should I go for it?

I just want to keep my car running until it's paid off or upto 300K miles at least as I can't afford another car.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh c'mon nobody tried this on their 6s yet?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the name Lubeguard I'd assume it's for preventive maintenance purpose or is it to remedy slippage?

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've used LG platinum with good results in my 04' 6s. That combined with several drain-refills using Redline D4, and a ATX cooler, seemed to help keep the Jatco in check with the known heat and rough shifting issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts