Mazda 6 Forums banner

Lubegard Red or Platinium

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ericzoom 
#1 ·
I'm thinking of adding Lubegard to my 04 6S, but i'm not sure which one would be better for my ATX. I've done many searches, but still can't seem to decide. Anyone been using either one with noticable results?
I've done 3 drain-refills with Redline D4, and have a B&M trans. cooler installed. Thanks.

#4 ·
Makes no difference. Both platinum and red are excellent products.
IMO, when using a highend boutique synthetic ATF, nothing is needed!

I add lubegard red to all bottles of mineral and synth blend ATFs, usually an ounce per bottle.

Lubegard platinum and black can also soften a shift since they are fluid converters. Dose can be tailored for shift quality from 1/4 to 2 ounces per quart capacity. I find that transmission condition and feel, and fluid selected, will determine amount.

High end fluids and additives are not an excuse for preventive maintenance.

#5 ·
I put in the Platinum, and it seems to be fine. Shifts seem to be a little smoother, and i don't seem to notice the shutter as much. That, a cooler, and Redline D4 will at least help in the fight against Jatco heat. :yesnod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.