Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
It's a brand new thing. Falcontx just had his put in.

I gotta tell ya, I thought the whole thing was hokie as hell. But after driving it -- Holy Crap. Best. Mod. Evar. You can actually power out of a good turn.

Barring any reliability issues that might turn up (though I doubt it, these things are pretty well tested in other applications) installing one of these with any transmission work would be a requirement in my book.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It was added this morning. I want info!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Phantom has been around for other cars for years now. My friend races a mini and the team uses these as well. I don't think it has failed them in 2 seasons. Should be able to handle what you can dish it.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
It's a brand new thing. Falcontx just had his put in.

I gotta tell ya, I thought the whole thing was hokie as hell. But after driving it -- Holy Crap. Best. Mod. Evar. You can actually power out of a good turn.
[/b]
So you've driven a vehicle with this LSD conversion or you have this LSD conversion?

·
Registered
498 Posts
It sounds like he's driven FalconTx's car with the LSD conversion...

·
Registered
298 Posts
MTX only? :tear:

I need something for ATX as well, and not for Jatco, Assin Tranny.....

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have talked to tons of people who have had these on other cars and the love them and they have put thousands of miles on them and they hold up great even constantly being beaten on. It is definitely a reliable and usable option and although I haven't driven a Phantom Grip LSD car I have driven cars with LSDs and they are great, so much nicer to drive, well worth it.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When the time comes to change out the clutch and flywheel this is a must while the trans is dropped, and by that time I will be in scholl to be a mechanic so it shouldn't be to hard at that point, and mist as well put the sway bar in then haha

·
Registered
884 Posts
I spoke with Donny today...this is for the MTX only! He said he has it installed on his car and he really likes it. This is definitely a good option for our application. He said he was going to post a thread on this soon!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
30 Participants
arch4life
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing