Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, I can't believe there's nothing. I've contacted a couple manufactures and I will post here if any of them offer one for the 2.3L 5-speed manual and for how much.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
I think it may, but 1600 is over priced for the Quaife LSD. I think they run for no more than 1400.[/b]

Well thats the only one ive ever found man.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thats the only one ive ever found man.[/b]
That really sucks. I'll email Quaife to see if they have any cheaper dealers that I can purchase from.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
there are only a few dealers for the quaiffe for the car, so you can't be picky. like i said, this is your only option right now. if you race the car at all, i think you can pick it up from mazdamotorports as well, but i think you only save a bit there as well.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
there are only a few dealers for the quaiffe for the car, so you can't be picky. like i said, this is your only option right now. if you race the car at all, i think you can pick it up from mazdamotorports as well, but i think you only save a bit there as well.[/b]
Thanks Tea, I guess my only option is to save up a little longer for the LSD since it costs so much (worth it in the end).

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
keep in mind it's at least a $500 install since the tranny needs to be pulled apart. so you might wanna put aside another $800 or so for a clutch/fly upgrade, as it will save you quite a bit on that install. or you can just save up until your clutch goes after the turbo and playing around....then do it when you have to do the clutch anyway.

i'd set aside $2500 or so to get it all done, might be able to get some deals of you get the parts from 1 shop?

...that is why i don't think the lsd is necessary for most people in the 6. but give you are having issues with the weather, that's a completely understandable reason for the upgrade....though it doesn't make it any cheaper.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
keep in mind it's at least a $500 install since the tranny needs to be pulled apart. so you might wanna put aside another $800 or so for a clutch/fly upgrade, as it will save you quite a bit on that install. or you can just save up until your clutch goes after the turbo and playing around....then do it when you have to do the clutch anyway.

i'd set aside $2500 or so to get it all done, might be able to get some deals of you get the parts from 1 shop?

...that is why i don't think the lsd is necessary for most people in the 6. but give you are having issues with the weather, that's a completely understandable reason for the upgrade....though it doesn't make it any cheaper.[/b]
Good advice. I guess for the time being I will just continue to save for the turbo (F2 or Hiboost, waiting to see F2's) and then save for clutch, flywheel and LSD.

Since I will be getting a turbo what clutch and stage would you recommend? I was thinking of getting a SPEC Stage 2 Plus (Carbon Kevlar), what you think?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
Polish_Eagle
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing