Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the recent drop in temperatures and my morning RPM watch, from 3000 to 1000. I remembered our highest amb temp post in the summer. Well Lets Start the Lowest. Im pretty sure you gusy will have some low numbers. But as of now here is mine..Lets See Yours.

[attachmentid=16738]

Attachments

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Oh, it's still early in the cold season to post lowest ambient temp.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I will have to wait and see if I can hit -30 again. Did it a couple of times last winter.

If I go out in the middle of the night I could probably see -40... we will see.

·
Registered
375 Posts
i didnt know these read into the negative numbers
thats great cause ill be there a few times this year

·
Registered
344 Posts
I will have to wait and see if I can hit -30 again. Did it a couple of times last winter.

If I go out in the middle of the night I could probably see -40... we will see.
[/b]
erk thats cold, does the car start right up in -30?

How long does that take to warm up? lol

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
The car isn't even close to accurate for those wondering....
[/b]
I think it gives a decent ballpark figure. Depends if its sitting in the sun all day or not.. etc

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been driving lately when its clear 70ish and the car is in the mid 90's... its a drama queen...
[/b]
Yea i think it gives the actual feel or maybe not, i remember on those hot days we had in the summer they would broadcast 90degree and the car would say 115* i thought that it just gave us how it actually felt and not the temperature, temperature..

But its the total opposite when its cold, mines say 45 but it damn near feels like 20 or less..

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Lowest I've had so far was 39 degrees. It's still early in the season though.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Can't compete here!!! :D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are you looking for "this year" or ever? That's the only time I've ever snapped a pic but I could have caught 6 early this morning.
[/b]

This Year (as ive been told still little early), but still -12 i think u need a remote start if u dont already have one..

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Mine is accurate when Ive been driving for a long time without many stops. I live right next to a bank with a big temperature gague LCD screen so i can check. Usually by the time i get to work, 15 min drive it will come within a degree or two of the temp i saw on the lcd board. Its always higher though.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've seen it lower myself, but this was accurate.

[/b]
When I saw that, first thing I thought is he's still using the a/c to cool off his feet. Didn't remember my crappy manual a/c control turns off the light if I don't have the compressor on.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
[attachmentid=16947]
North Dakota has me beat but here's the latest I got in Anchorage. Might I add that I'm in the Air Force and took this picture 5 minutes after I just left work on base, and when I called in our Maintenance Operations Control Center they gave me an ambient of 2 degrees with a wind chill factor of -7.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 71 Posts