Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to see how quick other MS6er's are getting off the line.

I'll begin... bone stock, tires at 42psi.

·
Registered
870 Posts
My fastest 60' is 1.770. 13.9 1/4 mile. I can't wait to go back this summer. Winter is good for skiing but not drag racing :D

What was your 1/4 mile with that 60'?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My fastest 60' is 1.770. 13.9 1/4 mile. I can't wait to go back this summer. Winter is good for skiing but not drag racing :D

What was your 1/4 mile with that 60'?[/b]
3rd locked me out on that run so the ET was ruined. Would have been a 13 sec run for sure, my first one at that. Needless to say, I was not and still am not thrilled about it. :(

·
Registered
803 Posts
goddamn. i was psyched when i pulled my 1.82 last weekend. but shit, a 1.7 would land me a 13.6xx for sure

what did you launch at? how much did yo uslip the clutch. i can turn these 1.8's and 13.7's all day, i have 4 consecutive slips...but didnt think i'd ever get it down to a 1.7 without more power

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
goddamn. i was psyched when i pulled my 1.82 last weekend. but shit, a 1.7 would land me a 13.6xx for sure

what did you launch at? how much did yo uslip the clutch. i can turn these 1.8's and 13.7's all day, i have 4 consecutive slips...but didnt think i'd ever get it down to a 1.7 without more power[/b]
I've happily give up that 1.7 for some stock 13.7 passes. :yesnod: 1.8's land me from 14.0-14.3 and it's pissin' me off. :(

I launch between 4-5k, pulsing the throttle. I only slip the clutch for like a split second until the car is moving foward and then let it all out going WOT at the same time.

Is running 42psi some sort of trick for these cars?[/b]
hahaha, no not that I am aware. Other than the fact that a harder tire will travel better down the track once you are moving (less resistance). With AWD, lowering the tire pressure isn't necessary for traction.

·
Registered
803 Posts
that's odd. i can launch at around 4-4500 on the street, but i find at the track i need to up it to around 5-5500 so i dont bog. also, i drove my buddy's unflashed 11/05 build date car (mine was flashed when i bought it and also was built in 1/06), and his rpms don't drop nearly as much as mine, even when i launch it at a lower rpm. im hoping the cp-e motor mount ill be ordering soon might help.

once the greeen light lights up im already starting to floor the car and let up the clutch gradually and deliberately.

yes, my clutch hates me

stock i ran a 13.85 with a 1.9 60. with my cp-e cai and crushed dsm bov i ran the 13.72 with a 1.82 60. im not sure how much was just learning to drive the car better and how much was from the mods :). either way im happy ,but wanted a 13.6.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All these people getting 13's with the same and higher 60's than myself makes me wonder if my car is just slower than the norm? That would like totally suck. Or somehow I'm just not doing something right along the way.

·
Registered
700 Posts
maybe its how long your holding in each gear. Also a BIG effect is going to be what time of year/temp/temp of engine/humidity....there is alot that might be affecting your 1/4 mile times.

or maybe red is just a heavier paint! hahaha, j/k

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Well my best is a 1.91 but i have not made is down the qtr. with out 3rd locking me out while all out driving it. One time i made it down the qtr babying it out of the hole with a full pass and i got a 14.3 with a 2.0 60. I think if i can get my car in third i will definitly be in the 13's. Track opens in about 2 weeks!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Is everyone running these high 13's stock?? I'm stock and I ran a low 15. Granted I didn't launch and I consistently missed 3rd gear. I just want to know if your running high 13's are you stock? If not what mods do you have.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
My best time is in my sig with a 1.8 60' I also had a very small mix of race fuel to go with my list of mods, basically: forge prototype bov, atp dp, aem cai, magnaflow catback.

I never touched my tire pressure, don't think it will help.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is everyone running these high 13's stock?? I'm stock and I ran a low 15. Granted I didn't launch and I consistently missed 3rd gear. I just want to know if your running high 13's are you stock?[/b]
In a word... Yes.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Well my best is a 1.91 but i have not made is down the qtr. with out 3rd locking me out while all out driving it. One time i made it down the qtr babying it out of the hole with a full pass and i got a 14.3 with a 2.0 60. I think if i can get my car in third i will definitly be in the 13's. Track opens in about 2 weeks!![/b]

UPDATE!! Went to the track last weekend and i manage to get 2 good runs.
First one was a 1.88 60ft with a 14.3 @95 granny shifting 3rd
second one was a 1.83 60ft with a [email protected] granny shifting 3rd.

Afraid of missing third i think messed me up. Going this weekend to get into the 13 second club and the 1.7 60ft club

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Fastest 60' is 1.871..

Yes, i'm also running in the 13s, provided my 3rd gear doesn't jam

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.