Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen a few of the M6's with lowering springs and/or suspension packages on them. I would like to lower it only an inch or so. Not trying to slam it or anything just think it would look better a tad lower(especially in the rear) and was wondering if anyone had advise on what springs to use? Gonna try and put 19x9.5 all around and 245/40/19 on them. Thanks. Here are the rims gonna go on soul red

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
Corksport, Tanabe, and H&R are most likely your top 3 choices for this. From what I've heard/read, Tanabe will lower you less than H&R and Corksport, but don't quote me on that.

I believe the H&R guys are seeing between a 1" and 1.5" drop once settled - again, could be mixing the names up, so hopefully someone can verify for me.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Tanabe springs will give you about an inch drop, I have them and I am very happy with them!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! I missed that. Looks like those might be the ones. The local shop says they can get both but thinks I would be happier with the H&R ones. Says they make a better product. Toy4x says he loves his though. Any more input or side profile pics with either would help me. Thanks again guys

·
Premium Member
190 Posts

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Side view with Tanabe's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
The yellows are awesome, way more compliant with the Tanabe springs then stock strut/shocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Definitely stiffer but nothing that bothers me. I had a modified Speed3 before the 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Update, doing the H&R springs with the 19x9.5 Axe CS lite wheels and Firestone Indy 500 245/40/19 Tires. Buying the car on sunday 5/28. Soul Red Touring with the premium touring package and rear spoiler

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm probably going to go with H&R too, don't know which Shocks I want to put on, looking for most comfort, closes to stock ride as possible. I know lowered will always be more stiff, just want to get the most comfortable setup while being lowered on Springs.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yea Ghost, im only going to put shocks on it if i dont like the ride with the stock ones
No you'll love the stock Shocks, it's the most comfortable ride, it's just they aren't meant for lowering springs so your Shocks will go out alot faster depending on road conditions. I really want to know how the koni fsd feel, I've been searching through many posts and threads and can't find anyone on fsd besides @toy4x, I've asked him how his setup rides but no response. I'm probably going to go with H&R with either Koni yellows or Koni fsd, really want to know how the FSD are for our m6

1 - 20 of 47 Posts