Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Racing Beat

For more info, look in the suspension section, there's a topic called "Aftermarket Springs - List and Comparison"

·
Registered
149 Posts
Racing Beat

For more info, look in the suspension section, there's a topic called "Aftermarket Springs - List and Comparison"
[/b]
I hope your getting shocks too. Lowering springs of any kind put more weight and pressure on the shocks and they will wear out pretty quickly. Go with sways too to keep the proper balance.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I hope your getting shocks too. Lowering springs of any kind put more weight and pressure on the shocks and they will wear out pretty quickly.
[/b]
That's not completely true! A lot of guys have run the RB springs for quite awhile w/out any major wear problems on the stock shocks...

Not saying they won't wear a little faster but nothing like you are referring...

The mazdaspeed springs drop your car apx 1.25" and people run those w/ the stock shocks w/ half way decent shock quality/wear.

Just double check all the facts in the FAQ and you can make the right choice for what you want!

Go with sways too to keep the proper balance.[/b]
Hu? The sways will give you much better handling and help w/ over/under steer but what are you talking about w/ the proper balance? Is our car a see-saw now?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
The mazdaspeed springs drop your car apx 1.25"

[/b]
I thaught the drop was under an inch for the mazdaspeeds, like .75 all the way around. Hmm learn something new every day.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
I thaught the drop was under an inch for the mazdaspeeds, like .75 all the way around. Hmm learn something new every day.
[/b]
Depends on the application, on the sedan using the hatch/wagon springs you'll get 3/4" drop all the way around, 1.25" with the wagon or hatch.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Depends on the application, on the sedan using the hatch/wagon springs you'll get 3/4" drop all the way around, 1.25" with the wagon or hatch.
[/b]

I got a bit more then that on my sedan. They are even, but the back dropped quit a bit.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's not completely true! A lot of guys have run the RB springs for quite awhile w/out any major wear problems on the stock shocks...

Not saying they won't wear a little faster but nothing like you are referring...

The mazdaspeed springs drop your car apx 1.25" and people run those w/ the stock shocks w/ half way decent shock quality/wear.
Just double check all the facts in the FAQ and you can make the right choice for what you want!

In the area I drive in, lowering springs will beat the hell out of the shocks. I'm in the NYC area. It all depends on the road conditions. Perhaps if u lived in florida or somewhere where the roads are smooth your case is valid.
I haven't replaced the springs in my 6 yet, but my G35 shocks were done in less than a year and I'm not an aggressive driver. I do hear great feedback on racing beat. If I was gonna replace em I would go with them. If your a city driver imo its a must.
Pm heronew, he's the goto guy with these issues. His prices are low and other members gave good feedback on him.
Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts