Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Lowering Springs'

Call me snooty but I like to stay away from unproven brands for springs because of the fact that they are load-bearing structures. Material quality is paramount particularly with fatigue-resistant parts. Too many inclusions or variations in the microstructure of the metal and your fatigue resistance goes to hell. That wouldn't be a big deal with, say, strut tower bars as they are not load bearing under normal conditions. Springs, on the other hand, can cause a car to go out of control if they fail.

Now, I'm not dogging these brands- I've got no info on them... all I'm saying is make sure the springs you buy are proven, and the material they're made of are top-notch. Personally I'll only buy Eibach or H&R... their material is flat-out top notch. The extra $100 is far cheaper than the possiblity of an accident or fatal failure with unproven product. In my opinion, of course.

-Alt

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Eibach has just now got the 6 in to do test on for the springs.. they said it should be in about 2 months b4 they are ready to sell.:(

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

they are too pricey and i emailed one of the sites asking about the Sprint Lowering Springs with a 1.8" drop and he said $129 shipped!!!, they were listed @ $159.95 + s/h. so i might do that cause i will have rims with low profile tires soon and will need to try to lessen the gap between.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Make sure the car is able to re-align after such an aggressive drop. You don't want to have to spend extra on adjustable camber arms or whatnot as this would outweigh the price advantage you are motivated by.

-Alt

·
Registered
31 Posts
Reading Topic: Lowering Springs

Hey
How much lower is 20-30 mm?? I was thinking about getting the mazdaspeed spring's! Thanks Sean

·
Registered
468 Posts

sprint is not a bad company at all...

first time i lowered my civic...i used sprint 2.25" lowering springs. rode nice. 2nd time i wanted it alil lower...used neuspeed about a 2.5" drop. rode bouncy as hell....3rd time about 1.8 with H&R springs. those were teh best of the 3.

just don't buy neuspeed race springs. u'll have back problems. lol

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

i'm gonna wait for the Eibach Lowering Springs. everyone i've talked to has told me to go ahead and wait for em cause they ride so well, so i'm a do that.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

just talked to my friend that runs a shop down near me. he contacted one of his Eibach Peeps and they said their springs will be out this spring and will be a 1.5" drop. ;)

·
Registered
514 Posts

Wow, is that the pro kit or sportline variety?? 1.5" for the pro-kit would rock... pro-kits generally don't require new shocks as the intial progressive rate is often very close to the facotry linear rate.

-Alt

·
Registered
178 Posts

Hey whodiddy I am getting 18s in the spring. Is a 1.5 good or how low is to low for the 6s. I think a 2.0 drop will push it.:)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Lowering Springs

MAZDA, 6, 4 Cyl. - 2003
PRO-KIT:
front drop: 1.5 in
rear drop: 1.4 in
part #: 5542.140

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

just talked to my friend yet again. Eibach will have them ready within 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts