Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to lower my 6. When I mentioned lowering to my girlfriend's dad who owns a tire shop he said that it wasn't a good idea. He told me that sometimes if you lower the car the camber adjustment can't compensate for the drop and it essentially makes your car unable to be aligned. If I went for a moderate drop with the mazdaspeed hatch springs or the tein h-techs would the alignment still be possible? I know about the spc adjustable ball joints but I really couldn't afford those along with the springs and the Bilsteins I just bought.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
he is right. but the vast majority of cars can get an alignment after being lowered. just get a alignment after you lower it. it wont be a problem at all. im extremely low, and they had no issues getting my alignment spot on.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Agree with xxxmonoxidechild. Even with the Eibach springs, which typically is a lower drop than the ones you've mentioned, you shouldn't have a problem with getting an alignment close to factory spec.

·
Registered
389 Posts
What about bc coils with a substantial drop? And is an alignment recommended after a drop? I'm assuming that the answer is a yes.

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
im about as low as any would would ever go, and my allignment was down without any special work needing to be done. hell, untill last summer, i even had the OEM michelins that came on the car in 04. so that tells you flat out my allignment was good. lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks for the info. Looks like I'll be lowering after all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts