1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya folks,
I happen to stumble upon this:
http://www.japanparts.com/db/partslist.php...er=&volkey=

'Tis a link to japanparts.com... scroll near the bottom.

See: Seat Bracket Set. Lowering the seats by 30mm (over 1 inch) for $80 Cdn ~ $70 US.

Does anybody have any comments or feedback on this seat bracket? It would kick ass to be able to lower the stock seat by a little bit without shelling out huge bucks. No more gangsta lean required!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Do you have power seats? They already go pretty low. Ironic that a japanees company has a listing for lowered seats when they are already typically short people...

You could probably make something pretty cheap yourself. But I have never looked to see how the seats are mounted.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, I've got leather and power seats -- and it's set as low as it will go.

I should send these guys an e-mailo and see what they say....

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Yup, I've got leather and power seats -- and it's set as low as it will go.

I should send these guys an e-mailo and see what they say....
[/b]
I'm 6'3 and have no issues whatsoever with the stock height of the seats...

·
Registered
940 Posts
6'6" here, and no issues either. I don't have power seats though, I've got that pump handle thing that lowers it for me though.
[/b]
Well, I am 6'6" and I would not mind if it would go down another inch... More or less fine, but my hair sometimes gets messed up brushing against the ceiling. Just because you guys have no interest does not mean that there is no use for such a thing. :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
6'2", leather with power, and sunroof.
Maybe it's because my legs are only 4" long, and my torso is 5'.

I'll send japanparts an e-mail.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the boys at JapanParts can't confirm if it will fit -- they asked me to let them know if I ever find out.

Hmm, I'll have to look at this from another viewpoint. ie: what' there return policy like? I'll have to research a little more.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Please keep us up to date on this.
I'm 6 foot, and looking to lower my seat, not because of head room, but because I love sitting closer to the ground.
The 6's driving position just feels too upright to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.