Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if there is a kit for our car that lowers car just a little but doesnt have the pogo effect that most kits have. Or do all kits have that pogo effect when lowered?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It should be in suspension....but if he/she has a v6, I can understand why it was posted here...the suspension for the 6s is different then the 6i in terms of engine weight load.

I think what he means is this...when we see a lowered car go over a slight bump...we see the car's suspension bounce more dramatically compared to say a car that is stock.

The bounce he referring to is in essence similiar to a pogo stick...where on a pogo stick the spring compresses, but then bounces back in an equal an opposite force.

So to answer his question...the answer would be yes...we can expect a result like this on many of the aftermarke suspension kits.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes thats exactly what i was talking about and also i do have a 3.0l so thats why i put it under the 3.0l section, sorry if i should have posted it else where. Sp is there anything you can do to eliminate the pogo effect like a better set of struts ie. koni adjustables?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You're not going to have a "pogo" like bounce if you add some lowering springs. Many can tell you that the ride will be very similar to stock. However after your factory shocks wear out you will have a more bouncy ride but, only due to the worn out shocks.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
pogo......funny......I've heard if you buy springs, get racing beats or ms springs....if you buy shocks....buy koni and if you buy anything else then...HEY.........your pretty much buying it from your knowledge cause thats all I KNOW!!! HAHA!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
Kaiboy808
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing