Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2020 Touring and it is begging to be lowered. I'm not finding much for springs. Just want to drop it an inch or two max.

Corksport said not to use their kit on a non-turbo.

Has anybody else done this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
What spings did you use to drop the car?

I would never lower a car on stock struts. better to do it the right way but upgrading the struts or maybe going for coilovers.

From a performance perspective, makes more sense to upgrade your sway bars than to just go low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Godspeed springs. For $126 I thought I would try it.

For how I drive I don't expect any issues but I will give it a week of driving and see how it goes. I have a lift in my shop so swapping only took a couple hours. It rides a little firmer but not rough at all.

I am close to cork sport so I volunteered my car if they want to develop something.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Generally lowering springs have to have a higher spring rate than stock lest they allow the car to hit the bump stops / bottom-out too often (or for that matter at any point in time). Stock struts (and their capability of damping) are calibrated to the stock spring rates - and they often cannot properly deal with the higher spring rate lowering springs. So they wear out fast. Doesn't matter how you drive; just going down the road will often wear them out. Plus, depending on how much lowering... the dampers may not be at their optimal at-rest /operating point versus how they were with the taller, softer springs... (another factor re their performance and expected longevity).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Corksport said not to use their kit on a non-turbo.
I have a 2018+ turbo (Grand Touring Reserve) with Corksport RSB and lowering springs. I am VERY happy with the improvement. My only issue is that the dampening is still too soft, but this isn't the springs problem. The car is just way to soft all around. Will look at upgrading the shocks eventually.

Surprised that they would not recommend for the non turbo. This doesn't really make sense. The springs and RSB transformed the car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts