Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all. I hope someone can help me. I lowered my 6 about 6 months ago. It is an 05 V6. I have burned through 3 passenger side CV shafts in the last 6 months. Today I think I figured out why. With it lowered the CV shaft seems too short, ie the boot creases. My question 1. Has anybody had that happen and 2. Is it possible to make the shaft longer?. 3. If so, where? Raising up again is not an option I am willing to explore.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The crease is the opposite way of the molded ones. Currently it is an aftermarket axle. I replaces the original because the boot was tore up. I just assumed it was bad. It didn't sound defective until I replaced it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hmm, is the motor straight in the car? How does that passenger side mount look. If it was due to the car being lowered then I would think that it would eat both sides. If the motor mount is bad, that side of the engine would sag down and cause more strain on that side. I had an oil mount go bad before I switched to the AWR mounts and there was a clicking on that side from the axle/joint hitting something every time it rotated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do not see an issue with the mounts. To my knowledge the motor bounces some when the mount is bad. So I'm driving now and this particular axle vibrates like my tires are off balance (they are not). The previous axle clicked on acceleration and coast. From research the above symtoms point to a defective axle. Current axle is brand new as of early this afternoon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. Not sure what. I am jeaded to pick-n-pull to get an OEM. Driver side seems to be on point. Will update once I swap and driver for a day or to. Anywhere I go is a hundred mile round trip so I usually know right away if something is not right.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've read on this forum about many people having issues with brand new axles. Do not assume the clicking you are hearing is caused by the vehicle being lowered, take it back and get a replacement.
I have a lowed SHO and have no issues with the front or rear axles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the 3rd one in 6 months. Only because I do t replace it immediately.
So here I am installing one I pulled from salvage yard no V6 so I had to pull off a Fusion. Same engine, trans and suspension. I will be damned if the thing isn't an inch and a half short. FML. Doing some research I have found the 2.3 M6, 3.0 Fusion and 3.0 Milan all have an over all length about an inch longer that what my M6 has. I pulled this off a Milan amd its shorter. I will use my tools T my disposal and hope it all works or before I go to work tonight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
P.S. SHO is going to be my next car. They are slick looking and have lots of space in the trunk for some subs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Basshead056
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing