Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if it makes any sense to install the lower fog lights in my Mazda 6 even though I have the sport package with the integrated fog lights? And if I did decide to do it, how would that effect my stock integrated fog lights? (I'd prefer the convential fog light look, of head lights high, fog lights low, but if it's just going to be a hassle and not make any sense with the integrated ones, I will deal)

Also, I know there is a TON of posts on lighting mods, but could someone please help me complete my list and knowledge?

I know you can:
-replace interior and exterior lights with LED bulbs (why would you and what's the benefit?)
-tail light mod (what exactly is that?)
-side-marker mod
-HID lights (whenever I look at the kits, what do the different bulbs do? (H1, H3, H4))?
-DDE kit (which I would really like to do, but someone told me to get HID's before because it would look stupid with the yellow stock halogen lights - is that true?)

Anything else anyone can add would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. if anyone has done extensive exterior (and interior) lighting mods to their 6, I would appreciate it if they could lead a little time to talk with me about the options, what I can do and how I'd do it. So please let me know if there is anyone that could.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'll try to help you tackle some of these questions. answers are assuming 03-05's

Fogs-there's no oem lower fog kit, there is a vendor on this site that does sell fogs manufactured for the sport bumper. now legally though, you can have up to 4 foward facing bulbs, so you would have to choose which fogs to use. some have done it, not sure if anyone ran into any legal issues there yet.

LED's-Longer life than bulbs, run cooler and draw less power. color is another thing, I had the painted interior bulbs back 8 years ago or so, and didnt' last. lots of colors to choose from with led's

Taillight mod-takes advantage of the dual-filament bulbs. only one wire to add to each of the bulbs in the trunklid. when you press on the brake all the red rear-facing lights light up

Sidemarker mod-sidemarkers when on do not blink, this mod changes that

HID's and DDE's I'll let someone else handle, haven't dealt with that yet, maybe next year...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Ok, I have the lower fogs and love them. Its nice to be able to change the look of the front lights up every now and then, and then to show off use all 6 at once (illegal btw)

As far as leds go, you do it for brighter lighting and or change the color of the light itself. tail light mod as explained above, side marker same ^^

HID for the 6 you want a H1 kit, H1 being the type of bulbs the low beams use. I have them as well and LOVE them, a must if you want to change your lighting.

The DDE yes you would probably want HIDs first since the light color is the same, so whoever told you they wouldnt look right is, well right :)

Any questions shoot me a PM and I will try and help you more in detail.. take a look at my garage to see the mods i've done to my 6.

·
Registered
412 Posts
DDE and HID would be a good idea to get together if you plan to get both form therpmstore.com... they have a coupon if u buy both at the same time i believe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts