1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Mazda 6 SW 2.2D 185bhp
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I need some help with my Mazda 6 2.2 185hp

It seems like it have low power at low RPM, under 2.000RPM and then it kicks.
I did a power test and they say the torque curve starts wrong, that something is not right.

I already replaced the MAF sensor because it was broken, the SCV is working correctly.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

I leave here the power test so you can also see the graph. It’s all in portuguese because i’m from and in Portugal.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Paper

Thanks,

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
The MAF is never broken, the MAP on the other hand, gets really gummed up on the diesels.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my case it was the MAF, with the old one, in the power test, it only had 158hp and I only felt strength in the stationwagon at 3000rpm and with the new one I started to have the power in the test above and at 2000rpm.

But my problem is up to 2000rpm it looks like it is dragging an anchor.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Fine, argue with us and ignore the suggestions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not ignoring your suggestion and I will check the MAP to see its status and thank you for the suggestion.
I'm just saying the MAF was faulty too.
It was not my intention to appear that I was ignoring your suggestion.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATES: I checked the MAP sensor and it was completely clean. I don't know if it's working properly but it's clean, completely unobstructed.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
You said it feels like "dragging an anchor". Have you checked the brakes? It could be sticking.

It's just a guess on my part. And I don't know if you can feel if the brakes are sticking. In my case, I know the right rear brake is sticking because I know that there's a problem. The seal is broken but there's no leak.

Last time I used the car, I "lost" my brakes. I found out that the right rear is very hot compared to the other wheels. That is how I found out that it's partly sticking.

The repair caliper kit just arrived so my friend and I can replace it this Monday.

Sorry if you find my post to be irrelevant. As I've said, I don't know if you can actually feel if the brakes are sticking.

EDIT: I just finished reading everything and found out about the power curve. Sorry about that, my post is really irrelevant.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

This one I hadn't seen yet.
Thanks, I'll look into it and see if any of the suggestions given there can help me.

They talk about DPF but according to the computer mine is clear and my EGR was clean and works as it should. My SCV works fine, i tried a new one and there was no difference.
I haven't seen anything on the injectors yet nor have I seen the parameters. I was thinking about going to MAZDA to do an automatic learning on the injectors, in my father's car there was a difference in acceleration after doing that. He has a 2008 Mazda 6 2.0D 140bhp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
To complement the information, my car had a major breakdown recently, the crankshaft had to be rectified, the engine block was also rectified and I took advantage of the arrangement to put everything new, distribution, clutch, the turbo was all rebuilt because there was a gap in the inside.

I spent €7000 repairing everything, so since I'm spending, I'm trying to get everything fine-tuned like new.

The engine had 240,000km when this happened. I bought the car 6 months ago and it seems that the former owner, when he had the timing changed, covered some oil holes with silicone. When I was driving on the highway the engine warmed up and seized.

I didn't have time for anything, when the oil light came on and the temperature gauge went up it was already too late.

Therefore, the turbo has the whole new interior and is calibrated with the factory parameters, I put a new MAF, the MAP is clean, the EGR was also all cleaned when I had the engine all disassembled and then I checked on the computer if the EGR was working function properly.
Today I went for a drive with the car and I seemed to smell exhaust gas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
seems to me a breathing issue, as the turbo is kicking in at the higher RPMs, so it might be exhaust or intake related.

Now that you mentioned the breathing problem, which could be exhaust or intake related, I remembered the smell of exhaust gases I felt. I will try to analyze this. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
seems to me a breathing issue, as the turbo is kicking in at the higher RPMs, so it might be exhaust or intake related.

I went to Mazda to see the sensor measurements, they wouldn't let me see it but the mechanics say everything was within the parameters.
They went to test the car on the road and they say it has normal acceleration and they told me that the gearbox is used to reduce gears when I'm at low revs.
I checked everything and found no leaks in the intake or exhaust.
The smell of exhaust gas was just my impression.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I found a graph with the power curve it should have and it's considerably different from mine.

Slope Rectangle Font Plot Line

I have about 190Nm at 1500rpm and it should be 375Nm at 1500rpm. I don't know how the Mazda mechanic says it has normal acceleration. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 20 of 22 Posts