Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im going to be adjusting my ride height here soon but this is how my coilovers sit currently.

to adjust ride height on the ksports up front i need to rotate the whole hollow body down, correct? it has nothing to do with the spring... right?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can.

i rub a bit in heavy cornering. but im going to raise the car until i can clear speedbumps. it looks sweet tho. lol

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
To adjust ride height, that's correct. Just make sure to tighten the black plastic locking mechanism that's compressing the spring. Otherwise you might get a clunking sound.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
um? black plastic locking mechanism?

im confused. its all aluminum on the fronts......

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I've had mine lower that than on D2's, once it's that low you can't turn lock to lock on the RX7 wheels without rubbing the inside. Also at that height my GT-Spec underbrace was about 3/4" for the ground. Needless to say it isn't show quality anymore.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah its all temporary, itll all get raised come tommorow. but it looks sweet as hell

·
Registered
822 Posts
Looking nice....you should leave it like that...my car is about that hight...from what it looks like in the pics...makes driving fun :)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
hey arch.. how did u like putting the rears in?

looks good btw

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
um? black plastic locking mechanism?
im confused. its all aluminum on the fronts......
[/b]
My bad, haven't seen this thread in a while. Here: http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.php?option...3&Itemid=49

Look at step 8. To lock the springs into place, you have to adjust the two round "dials" (i don't know how else to describe it). For the Ksport's, those two round dials are black and plastic. At least on mine it is. You can do this while it's on the car.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Take speedbumps one corner at a time. Take them diagonally in other words. So just one tire passes over it at a time. Unless they're really high speedbumps. I love that height. I'm having to get coilovers soon, stock struts on lowering springs for 70K + at the moment hehe, and when I do it's going to be that low. 4 wheels tucking is what I want. hahaha

1 - 20 of 29 Posts