Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to all,
I always try to personalize my Black Mazda 6s v6 without going to far and look as a Christmas three as some do....I had very nice LED tripes to my front...really really classy and clean job....in order to connect them, I tapped the low beam lights....with the help of one of my friend knowing electrical in cars.....after the job, wow...exactly the effect I was looking for...after a while, I realize that my LED still on but that my low beam does not light as they supposed...they are just off.....I've reconnect those bulbs on each side and then, they light back...but turn off when I restart my car. LED always on when the car is on....Off when the car is off...as Low beam should be...but only the LED turn on, not the Low beam..thats my problem.

Is my car computer have problem to deal with another 12 volt demand from those LED ? How come that LED always on...but my low beam not?

I'm sure someone can help me with this.
Thanks in advance.
Goliath

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Im sorry but your friend knows nothing about cars if he let you connect ANYTHING to your head lights. Up front about the safest wire to use would be your running lights (markers etc). You probably cut the wire to the headlight by using (what sounds like) T-tap connectors, and using too small of a gauge, it actually cut the wire to the headlights, but held enough to light the LED's up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts