Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Mazda 6, went to leave for work yesterday morning & my low beam head lights didn't come on. The high beams works, as well as all other lights on the car. Changed the head lights & checked all fuses, seem to be good. I have no clue what the problem can be. Can anyone help me with this? I'd rather not have to take it to the dealership & pay $75 an hour if I can help it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
every bulb has a ground wire on it, check to see if you have any loose wires that connect to the low beam, it'll be its owe seprate wire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, I'll try that. I was also told that I could only replace the head light bulbs with factory bulbs I had to purchase at the Mazda dealership, that because I replaced the bulbs with ones I purchased from AutoZone, that is the reason they are not working. I'm not sure if I believe since, the owners manual also states they have to be replaced at the dealership, due to the complexity of it, I'm a woman and figured it out, thanks to directions I found on here. Feel they are just trying to get money out of me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question is do I have to purchase the bulbs from Mazda directly? I was told they are still not working because I replaced them with bulbs I purchased from AutoZone. I don't see where I purchased them from making a difference & that being the reason they are not working.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Question is do I have to purchase the bulbs from Mazda directly? I was told they are still not working because I replaced them with bulbs I purchased from AutoZone. I don't see where I purchased them from making a difference & that being the reason they are not working.
it doesnt. dealerships just want to make money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's what I thought also. Thank you. Do you know how to change the headlight switch? I can't seem to find directions on that anywhere

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Im not exactly sure, but im thinking youll have to pull the steering wheel. If not, at least take off the trim collar and go from there. One guy is selling the turn signal piece, maybe he can tell you how.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts