Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was empty here so figured I might as post something lol

I drove the petrol model first and felt so deflated as it was so slow off the mark but the car felt good otherwise.

The dealer then suggested I try the diesel and it was like a totally different car! The power it just there when you want and is a joy to drive. Feels very similar to my old 4 litre Ford Falcon.

I would not have bought this car if it wasn't for the Diesel motor.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do they have the oil dilution problem solved? Supposedly the reason they never brought it to us dieselphobes in North America.
I have read about it as well and all I can say is that after 5000klms in my car there has been no oil rising on the dipstick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Concur. I have had my diesel wagon for over a year now and love the response. Beautifully designed and built car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Diesel DPF Regen

Hi,
Had my GT diesel for nearly a year now, coming up to its 20K service this week. Just wondering how often others with the diesel find it doing a DPF Regen (you can tell when it's doing one because the iStop light goes off and the fuel consumption goes way up). I mainly travel on country roads (26 km to work in 100 km/h zone) and mine does a regen every 240-250 km. It cruises at about 1800 rpm for 100 km/h (by the GPS). I do notice that if I'm very light with the accelerator it might stretch to 260 km, and if I drive "spiritedly" then it might be as low as 220km. It appears to me that the computer determines when to do a regen simply by how much fuel has been used rather than determining if it has got to the correct temperature by normal driving or is actually blocked (which is what it should be doing). It's like "I've pumped 40 litres through the engine, must do a regen!".
I've measured the fuel consumption between regens and I get around 5.7L/100km, my overall consumption is around 6.2L/100km. The regen process is adding about 0.5L/100km for each tank of fuel (about $160 per year @ 20K per year). Don't know if this seems excessive, or is a small price to pay?

(Mazda 6 June 2013 build, GT - Meteor Grey - Australia)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
Had my GT diesel for nearly a year now, coming up to its 20K service this week. Just wondering how often others with the diesel find it doing a DPF Regen (you can tell when it's doing one because the iStop light goes off and the fuel consumption goes way up). I mainly travel on country roads (26 km to work in 100 km/h zone) and mine does a regen every 240-250 km. It cruises at about 1800 rpm for 100 km/h (by the GPS). I do notice that if I'm very light with the accelerator it might stretch to 260 km, and if I drive "spiritedly" then it might be as low as 220km. It appears to me that the computer determines when to do a regen simply by how much fuel has been used rather than determining if it has got to the correct temperature by normal driving or is actually blocked (which is what it should be doing). It's like "I've pumped 40 litres through the engine, must do a regen!".
I've measured the fuel consumption between regens and I get around 5.7L/100km, my overall consumption is around 6.2L/100km. The regen process is adding about 0.5L/100km for each tank of fuel (about $160 per year @ 20K per year). Don't know if this seems excessive, or is a small price to pay?

(Mazda 6 June 2013 build, GT - Meteor Grey - Australia)
Same, mine does one every 250klms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just racked up 65,000kms on my GT diesel wagon after having it for nearly 18 months since new last year in April. She just took my wife and I over to Adelaide and brought us back via the Great Ocean Road with my folks in the back seat and the cargo area jammed to the roof. Even with all the extra weight, she still ran at 6.8L/100km (which is only 0.2L over my normal day-to-day economy as I'm on the freeway every day to get to work - 92kms each way @110km/h). New tyres will go on her this week.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just did the Adelaide-Melbourne-Adelaide run on the Dukes Highway, 1400km two people, average luggage and recorded 5.7L/100km overall. The car took a little longer to do a regen (about every 280km) but overall very good. For some reason it averaged 5.4 from Adelaide to Melbourne, but about 6.0 from Melbourne to Adelaide. Must be down hill all the way :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Atenza Diesel

I also have test driven the petrol version of the current model, man was I disapointed in it's performance.
I then test drove the diesel version, talk about chalk and cheese. I ordered the Atenza sedan with the Diesel engine, have had the car now for 6 weeks. What a car? Still getting used to the car, so far so good. Performance is fantastic, it's handling is awesome. Comfort and build quality are first class, economy is around 6.2 around town. The best that I have seen to date is 5.6 on the highway, I expect to see better once the engine is run in. It currently has done 1200kms.

·
Registered
254 Posts
This is the reason why I love my Diesel .. This pic taken after refilling on a trip from Melbourne to Sydney..

Beautiful!

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is the reason why I love my Diesel .. This pic taken after refilling on a trip from Melbourne to Sydney..

Beautiful!
Wow I have never seen a range like that on mine! I love the engine in the car but hate the way the range goes up and down with a DPF regen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts