Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hey everyone, i was wondering if turning my music too loud was against the law or anything, like would a cop pull me over? I live in Texas if that helps. [/b]
I believe it has to be over a certain number of dB that can be heard a certain number of feet from the car.. which I don't think the stock system can reach.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Hey everyone, i was wondering if turning my music too loud was against the law or anything, like would a cop pull me over? I live in Texas if that helps.
[/b]
Where in TX are you? Search here. Took a few minutes, but yahoo came through.
http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/cities/cities.htm

From my personal experience good judgment is the key. At stop lights, in tight neighborhoods and when next to a police station turn her down a bit. Good luck

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Where in TX are you? Search here. Took a few minutes, but yahoo came through.
http://www.nonoise.org/lawlib/cities/cities.htm

From my personal experience good judgment is the key. At stop lights, in tight neighborhoods and when next to a police station turn her down a bit. Good luck
[/b]
that's the rules i go by... it's basically common sense. but then again, not everybody has such a thing haha!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Here in Iowa they allow officers to judge at there own discretion. There is no set limit to how loud it can or can't be.

They tend to go by the "IF your car(exhaust or system) can be heard from more then 2 blocks away. IT's to loud".

But i've had a few friends get pulled over and ordinance tickets for $10 for system thay where stock and couldn't go that loud if they wanted it too.

Thats here in Iowa though. Dunno about Texas

They've been really cracking down hrad on that the past few months, Here in Des Moines. Alot of complaints from people with those annoying ass fartcan exhausts.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Off topic...but why do people even bother to listen to music so loud it makes your eardrums feel like they are going to blow, theres completely no point to it as I'd rather listen to my music, and not worry about having hearing problems in the future....

·
Registered
987 Posts
Off topic...but why do people even bother to listen to music so loud it makes your eardrums feel like they are going to blow, theres completely no point to it as I'd rather listen to my music, and not worry about having hearing problems in the future....
[/b]
Answer: HERE

Solution: HERE

Summary: Be loud right back and use scientific evidence to prove that you're just protecting your hearing :D

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
[/b]
I agree. It's one thing to listen to the music you want to listen to. BUt another thing to force everyone around you to listen to it too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I dont know why, but i like my music loud. When Im around other people I turn it down cause I dont like people thinking Im a showoff. I wont even crank my system if I have friends in the car. But if Im by myself its almost allways cranked.

·
Registered
957 Posts
if i spend 2g's (grand) on sound system, i would like for people to know that i got a system.

its like asking

why did you get your catback exhaust? its loud.

right? right...

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
if i spend 2g's (grand) on sound system, i would like for people to know that i got a system.

its like asking

why did you get your catback exhaust? its loud.

right? right...
[/b]
Good way to show people you got something worth taking too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I would suggest turning it down after 10pm. My friend got an $80 ticket because he had his stereo cranked and it was past 10pm.

·
Registered
84 Posts
well in Houston the law is "if it can be heard or felt over 50Ft" its breaking the sound ordinance. i know i've been pulled over for it!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts