Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the M6 generates a lot of brake dust, especially the front wheels?

Does any of you have this same experience?:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Lots of Brake dust on the M6'

Yes. I've been trying to make my alloy wheel shine.
Just like a fool. Clearing it almost everyday.

I thought it's brand new and these kind of things do happen. Or not???

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Oh yes, it's common with all new cars...and especially cars with powerful brakes...

·
Registered
163 Posts

sorry. It's "cleaning" and not "clearing". This happens when you type & think of the Mazda6 at the same time.
:p

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I heard from a mechanic that the material of the brake pad makes alot of difference. Apparently pads made with harder compound produce less dust, but the downside is that it may be noisier. Don't know if this is true?:sarc

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Originally posted by CHY

I heard from a mechanic that the material of the brake pad makes alot of difference. Apparently pads made with harder compound produce less dust, but the downside is that it may be noisier. Don't know if this is true?:sarc[/b]
Yes, it's true. There are ralley compunds with Cupper, but you also get more wear on the brake discs. Also, you get more noise. And they are WAY more expensive!

·
Registered
148 Posts

Originally posted by CHY

I noticed that the M6 generates a lot of brake dust, especially the front wheels?

Does any of you have this same experience?:)[/b]
If you notice the size of the front brake pads, you'll know why it generates so much dust. :D

Anyway, you can use aftermarket brake pads that are semi-metallic (such as EBC Greenstuff or Mintex when they become available) to reduce the amount of brake dust generated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts