Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know some small spots where keys could be lost in, because my fob is lost inside of my car. I know this because the ignition works without my spare fob and the alarm goes off when I try to lock it.

·
Super Moderator
17,462 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There's a small duct under the driver's seat that it can slide into. Hard to see but you can get your hand in it by reaching from the back seat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

There's a small duct under the driver's seat that it can slide into. Hard to see but you can get your hand in it by reaching from the back seat.
Are you talking about the AC duct? Doesn’t seem to be there

·
Super Moderator
17,462 Posts
Are you talking about the AC duct? Doesn’t seem to be there
I was, and that stinks. Are you sure it isn't caught somewhere and hasn't hit the floor yet, or it's someplace silly like the center console or glove box?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was, and that stinks. Are you sure it isn't caught somewhere and hasn't hit the floor yet, or it's someplace silly like the center console or glov
I found it, it was underneath the back seats, in a spot only accessible by putting them down and pulling out the liner. How, when, and why it got down there yesterday I have absolutely no clue.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Thats why i have paracord on mine and its hooked to a spring loaded key hanger on my belt that the belt has to go through for fail safe security. Sans that, the loop on the paracord can just go around the belt itself.

·
Super Moderator
17,462 Posts
I found it, it was underneath the back seats, in a spot only accessible by putting them down and pulling out the liner. How, when, and why it got down there yesterday I have absolutely no clue.
Glad you found it! What a weird spot.

Thats why i have paracord on mine and its hooked to a spring loaded key hanger on my belt that the belt has to go through for fail safe security. Sans that, the loop on the paracord can just go around the belt itself.
I just keep mine in a pocket until I'm done with the car..... :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's a weird spot. I have a weird spot story from last week.

The other day I was driving my van. Had a lotto ticket in center console under my wallet to pin it down. Nice day - windows were down.

Went through the drive-thru to get a coffee, forgot to put wallet back on the lotto ticket. Sure enough as soon as I reached road speeds I felt it take off in the wind from the windows being down. It tickled my arm on it's way into the never-never land that is rear of the van. I knew it was in there somewhere because the back windows were closed. Took me 3 days to find it. I was ready to say eff-it and forget it. But it could've been saying eff-it to $1M right?

I was wrong. Almost an hr stripping out the back of the van and it wasn't a winner. Not even a free play :-(

It was somehow pinned and stuck between the back of one of the car seats and the seat itself, sort of self laminated to the plastic car seat. A lot of work for nothing haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts