Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wondering if anyone else seems to have this happening? I have an 05' V6 Hatch MTX and whenever I bring it right up to redline as soon as it hits 6500 it feels like there is a loss of HP/Torque? I dont go all the way into redline on a regular basis but just relazied this today. Also its not the rev limiter cause that kicks in higher.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. So with saying that though to get maximum performance should you shift right before u get to redline or would it still give u a little extra power letting it go into the redline a bit.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by Stretch@Oct 20 2005, 02:22 PM
It's awfully rare to find a motor that doesn't lose torque near it's rev limit.
[snapback]538682[/snapback]​
At least a non-Honda motor anyway. Yea sure, they still lose torque but not very much. Have you seen the torque curves for their J series engines? Esp. their top end. Pheeeww...talk about impressive.

http://www.templeofvtec.net/articles/artic...4tldyno_tov.gif
http://sohc.vtec.net/article_files/113992/...cord6mtdyno.jpg

·
Registered
79 Posts
Originally posted by crossbow@Oct 20 2005, 04:30 PM
Eng,

You know the line dipping is the torque curve right?  They lose 50 ft/lbs in the last 1000 rpm.  Still a nice graph though!
[snapback]538802[/snapback]​
Of course I do, why do you say? Oh you mean when the ecu starts pulling timing on the TL @ ~6200? Yea I kno that's a dip, but it's not due to air/fuel flow. :p lol j/p

And yea ur right, they do lose ~10-15wtq b/w any 2 500rpm ranges after 6k.

But I do agree, that those sure are pretty nice curves regardless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
beodude123
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing