Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goddamnit, I usually don't like posting rants, but I seriously need to.

I'm currently living at my parents' place in North Van and commute to SFU every morning.

Yesterday noon, I drove to SFU just as I always do, no problems.

Except this one old white guy (no offense to anyone who's white), who cuts me off on my way down Delbrook Ave.

He drove a beige Ford or an Oldsmobile (an American make).

Anyway, I decided it was a shitty start for another shitty day, and drove on as usual.

Then as I stopped at the bridge to get onto the #1, this old fuckhead decides to drive up from my right lane, give me a dirty look, and drive off with after a look at my license plate.

So??? Goto hell, motherfucker.

Anyway, around 4PM, my dad gets a "friendly" visit from 2 North Van RCMP constables, who apparently "heard" a report about me "nearly killing" a driver on the road. Then they proceeded to scare my poor immigrant dad shitless by threatening to give me a $400 ticket. They eventually figured out that my dad wasn't understanding much of what they were saying, and decided to just leave a business card.

Wait, let's backtrack a little...a $400 ticket??? For what, you cocksuckers??? Based on what evidence???

Now, I'm pretty fuckin tired after yelling at my dad for an hour. He seems to think that I go around, peeling rubber, taking corners at 100 goddamn MPH, and "nearly killing" people, everywhere I go. This shit's fuckin' annoying, especially after having failed a midterm and getting calls from my ex all day.

If I'm right, then it was that wrinkly old motherfucker who decided to report me under false pretenses. In all honesty, I'm not the best operator of a manual gearbox, period. And if I was even a foot close to any other car on the road, with my new baby which costed me a pretty penny, I think I'd at least have a goddamn clue.

So, here's a word to all the RCMP officers out there. Get your fucking facts straight, and at least investigate your sources before blindly following them, knocking on my door, and scaring my dad out of his mind. He's just retired and has enough to worry about with our kitchen reconstruction. He doesn't need all this shit from amateurs who don't know any better.

Shiet :swearin:

I just lost all my sleep for the night.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
You could complaint.

$400 ticket based on what a citizen says in the phone. I think it's pretty ridiculous and fucking unbelievable.
However, I do think that they visited your home just because they were doing their job. Maybe there's some kind of miscommunication between the cops and your dad, who knows? They just wanna figure out what happen so if you didn't do anything wrong you'll be fine.

Take it easy, don't worry about it. There're too many assholes in the world and they are those people who always abuse the 911 hotline.

·
Registered
313 Posts
sorry to hear that but if that old guy took the time then he's got issues. recently i've had two people change langes within a meter and sometimes i let it go sometimes i'll send them a message. but im setting up my video camera to record some of my drives, for fun, but hey if i catch something i'll let the highway patrol know.

here you can make a complaint about another drivers "actions" and they will just send them a letter regarding the "incident". i dont know what happens after that.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I agree. The man has issues. Seen this sort of thing a bit too often out this way in the short time that I've been here.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think youshould call the officer that left you his card and ask him what evidence he has against you. You should ask him why he takes the word of a racist bitter old man. Maybe you should ask him to show you any damadge you have casued, or the video of you driving "Irradically".

OR you can just blow it off, and ignore it. After all, do you really want to piss off the VPD? Move to burnaby, we donthave VPD here.... they are BASTARDS!

Next time, if you ever see that old white dude again, grab HIS plate number and call in saying you think he was DRUNK, say you saw him drinking a bottle of something that looked like booze. Tell them he was all over the lane.

anyhow don't let it get to you TOO much. it's not worth it. then he wins!

·
Registered
61 Posts
don't worry about it man
there's all kinda of idiots on the roads
and apparently he's one of them :D

oh ya! lol report him if you see him again, the bottle idea is great!
btw what yr and what you taking at SFU?
might have seen your previous6 or your rsx there

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys and sorry about the rant.

I did call the constable back and left him a message.

It's been a day, and of course, he still hasn't called back.

Probably too busy polishing up his taser gun.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think youshould call the officer that left you his card and ask him what evidence he has against you. You should ask him why he takes the word of a racist bitter old man. Maybe you should ask him to show you any damadge you have casued, or the video of you driving "Irradically".
OR you can just blow it off, and ignore it. After all, do you really want to piss off the VPD? Move to burnaby, we donthave VPD here.... they are BASTARDS!
Next time, if you ever see that old white dude again, grab HIS plate number and call in saying you think he was DRUNK, say you saw him drinking a bottle of something that looked like booze. Tell them he was all over the lane.

anyhow don't let it get to you TOO much. it's not worth it. then he wins!
[/b]

from a disposable number of course not your own. lol

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
That's pretty stupid. They can't do anything if they have no proof, just his word against yours. If they give you a ticket I would imagine it would be pretty easy to get out of paying it.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Actually, it depends on how detailed the guy was in telling the police. You can request full disclosure of all facts that the police had. If they pursue, then you can dispute it. The guy who reportted you will have to go to court or else it gets thrown out. Usually, if the cops showed up, then the guy must have been pretty damn adamant about it regardless of whether he's right or not. Some guys over react. Today, at T&T, I'm waiting for a parking spot, and the fucker behind me lays on the horn for about a minute. I just sat there and gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was just too stupid to realize I'm waiting for someone to leave the parking spot. The lady heard the honking and left right away instead of waiting for her passenger to drop off the shopping cart. (guess she drove up to meet up with her). Then I go to back into the spot and the fucker behind me drives right up and blocks me from parking and then lays on the horn on me cause at this point, I can't park and he can't get by me and there's a line of cars behind him. So I decide to lay my horn on him and I just sat there. he finally backed out a bit so I moved up a bit to give him room to move behind me and leave so I can park. So stupid some people. If I'm signalling and a car just leaves, I'm parking...don't ride up behind me. I'm turning left so that I can get the angle to back into the spot...by riding up my ass will just infuriate me and yourself cause none of us will be able to go anyone. If he had half the brains, he would have stayed back there so I could park! Now I know not to go to T&T on 1st ave on Saturdays.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That sucks bro. I had a complaint myself for me flying out of a parking lot. Granted I did but there is no way they can do anything about it. I continued driving home and on my way home like a mile from my house I go by a town cop travelling the other way and see him turn around so I book it when hes out of sight and fly up my street park my car in my garage and put down the door as fast as I can. I didnt see him go by for another 30 seconds so I was like ok im all set. But then he drives back down my street pulls in my driveway, comes to my door and says we got a complaint of you driving irratecly in a parking lot, and then says where. I go wierd I didnt even go near there I came right home from school. Then he casually left, and nothing became of it. I know I should not have driven fast in the parking lot but Im young and do stupid things sometimes and that was one of them. So ya theres no way in hell anything can come out of this unless there is like 20 plus people saying they saw the same thing. So ya dont even worry about it and if the fukin poooolice make it into something huge nothing can happen since its your word against his. So just grab a brew and relax

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just concluded that the cops around here have way too much time on their hands. I swear, we could have just two constables in the North Shore and it would be more than enough :p

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Well, they do have too much time. Haven't you heard? The ones in West Vancouver drink on the job and drive home after while still above the limit...and then gets a promotion!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts